PDA

View Full Version : My new TRX 400EX

Devin
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM
hey guys....i just have to show it off. My new honda trx 400ex. It rides like a dream. Its all stock right now and it still flys.

Devin
03-06-2005, 05:56 PM

PIMP
03-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I have one of those too.... Welcome to the club :D

hemi operator
03-06-2005, 06:31 PM
SWEET! I've been looking at used 400EX's myself but I may just say "the hell with it" and buy new. One question guys: How does the reverse engage? Is it like Honda's reverse on their other quads where you go to neutral, engage the reverse button and shift into 1st? If you don't mind me asking, what was the final price tag? I'm waiting to hear back from some dealerships with quotes.

PIMP
03-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by hemi operator
SWEET! I've been looking at used 400EX's myself but I may just say "the hell with it" and buy new. One question guys: How does the reverse engage? Is it like Honda's reverse on their other quads where you go to neutral, engage the reverse button and shift into 1st? If you don't mind me asking, what was the final price tag? I'm waiting to hear back from some dealerships with quotes.

I dont really know how to explain it but the reverse is like the one in the raptor ( you put it in neutral, then move some switch and shift all the way down)

Devin
03-06-2005, 06:52 PM
thanks guys...PIMP basicaly has the right idea,the reverse has a nob that you twist in the right fender. You turn it and then down shift until the red reverse light turns on. maybe someone can explain it better. the final price tag was right around 5200.

hemi operator
03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the info! How did you get it that far under MSRP? Was it just discounted by the dealer?

sean94z
03-07-2005, 05:22 PM
The reverse is nice, I have a 250ex and like the reverse on my new 400 much better. You dont have to go through neutral, you can be in 1st gear go right into reverse (hold switch, click down) and right back into first gear again (click up). Simple and fast.

397ccEX
03-07-2005, 06:03 PM
hemi operator SWEET! I've been looking at used 400EX's myself but I may just say "the hell with it" and buy new. One question guys: How does the reverse engage? Is it like Honda's reverse on their other quads where you go to neutral, engage the reverse button and shift into 1st? If you don't mind me asking, what was the final price tag? I'm waiting to hear back from some dealerships with quotes.

The reverses on honda require
1. neutral
2. pull in left brake lever push button and down shift
300ex revers is a pain in the ***
the new 400ex has a knob on the fender i believe clutch twist and down shift;)

TRAIL
03-07-2005, 06:06 PM
you gotta be in 1st gear then twist the knob, other wise you gotta hit the shifter down 2 times, first then into reverse