PDA

View Full Version : Chroming 450R?

4LEAFCLOVER
03-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know of any good places to purchase 450R Chrome parts? Or how much it would cost to chrome out the 450R like how some guys do their street bikes? I'm wanting to chrome mine out here pretty soon and I was wondering how much it would cost and where to get it done? I know alot of you guys are thinking what for, because I'm just going to get all muddy. But I rarely ride in mud and I just want that shine rather than that ugly stock gray color on my frame and parts. Any suggestions?

TCracin440ex
03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
well if i was you...id have the frame sandblasted and powdercoated to get rid of that stock color....chrome will rust....and chrome is alot of extra weight thats not needed...maybe polish your subframe and powdercoat your frame

wvspeedfreak
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
P.m. POPO about your chroming needs,I am sure he can hook you up.

Honda
03-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Should you have your bike frame nickel/chrome plated you will want to specify a few things. The nickel plate should be duplex consisting of semi bright & bright nickel. This will give you added corrosion protection for outside use. The total nickel thickness of the two deposits should be a minimum of 30 micrometers with approximately 2/3 of this being semi bright. The remaining 1/3 of the nickel deposit (bright nickel) provides the shine. Finally specify the chrome over nickel application to have a minimum thickness of 0.25 micrometers.

Make sure you gusset or do any welding on your frame before the chroming is done. Welding chromed parts does not work that great.

;)