PDA

View Full Version : jettting with WB e-series pipe can anyone help?

bluetaz100
03-06-2005, 03:47 PM
i just got a 400ex with a Wb e-series full system and a k&n filter the guy that had it before me didn't do any jetting but i know it sould be richend up some but not sure how muchis anybody running the same set-up and have any input on where to start? not sure of my elevation here guessing 1500 to 1800 feet any help would be great thanks tim

muddy400EX
03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
just put like a 155 in there, and go from there

soltvedt
04-01-2005, 02:26 PM
BlueTaz100-

What did you end up going with? Let us know what worked out best for you.

I am buying the same setup you have, and want to know how it went for you...

bluetaz100
04-01-2005, 08:24 PM
sorry i haven't posted any findings i haven't had much time lately but i haven't done much testing but the next size up from the stock 148 that my brother inlaw had on hand was a 158 so i put it in and when we both ran it, it seams to pull strong all the way to the rev limiter, i have to watch because it will hit the rev limiter real fast in 1st 2nd and 3rd it doesn't seam to have any bog or hesitation i haven't done a plug check because i had just installed a new plug and figured it would take awhile to get some color to it
i still have the air box lit on but got a outer wear cover for it but haven't put it on yet as i haven't had the time to ride but when i get to play with it more i'll let you know and i hope this will help someone else out