PDA

View Full Version : What have you bought off the internet

aviator4
03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to get a good idea of what ATV parts people buy online. What quad parts have you recently bought on the internet and what have you been looking for but unable to find?

What "rule of thumb" do you use when deciding where to buy parts online? What are the biggest factors in deciding where to buy? What shipping method did you pick and why?

Does having a "pro" rider use a part influence your purchasing decision?

theTman
03-06-2005, 12:54 PM
ive bought most of my parts for my 400 from www.rockymountainatv.com

i choose regular ground shipping

i usually buy parts that i find nessecary.....nerfs..tether....things like that

hope i helped........

Cody_300ex
03-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I buy most my parts from www.magicracing.com and C&D Racing. The biggest decideing factor for me is the price and the person/companys reputation.

TheFontMaster
03-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Well all the stuff I've gotten offline was used, but most of it I got from people on this site. Everything for my 250r was bought online.

450 Racer R
03-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I buy everything online, except for sparkplugs and oil.

honduh440
03-06-2005, 08:10 PM
their is 2 things that keep me buying from the same website and the first one is a website that can show parts only for my bike and no others when i click 400ex or whatever. and 2 a place that i can call and get help if im lost on installing something

aviator4
03-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech suppost is something I didn't think about. That would be a big deal, especially with more expensive items. I've found that a LOT of aftermartket stuff comes with really BAD intallation instructins. Heck, my propegs didn't come with ANYTHING. and for the guy that's never installed a set, figuring out how to weave the ends of the nets could be confusing.

I like the ability to search a site for a specific part like "400EX shifter lever" and see what all is available.

Keep 'em coming!

gojk
03-07-2005, 10:32 AM
I lived in a small town were you couldn't buy parts for the quad. So I mostly buy from rockymountain because they are 2 days shipping. I buy the big items from C & D though.

sharkinthepool
03-07-2005, 10:49 AM
I purchased a lot through different sellers on here and sellers on ebay. Plus a couple of shops, that the owners actually will advertise on here every now and then.

Some purchased...
LSR steering stem, Nerfs, A-arms, IMS pegs, IMS bumper, Axle, Cam, Exhaust, Complete piston and sleeve, LSR +11/4 swingarm, Pep shocks, Denton steering stabilizer.

Things needed...
Top clamp for LSR stem. +3+1 LSR a-arms. +1+0 or +1+.5 a-arms.

Rule of thumb.... ....PRICE and QUALITY. PERIOD.

And NO a pro rider does not influence any of my decisions.

aviator4
03-07-2005, 05:54 PM
You're going to have a hard time finding those A-Arms, considering LSR doesn't make them!

Why not just go +2 +0? I love mine!

JOEX
03-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Two things I wont buy online are a helmet I want to be able to try it on for fitment and comfort and most fluids, cost too much for shipping and can usually be found locally for the same price.

sharkinthepool
03-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by aviator4
You're going to have a hard time finding those A-Arms, considering LSR doesn't make them!

Why not just go +2 +0? I love mine!

Well I had a sweet set of black bottoms and chrome uppers and let them slip through my hands. I have a set of +2+1's and do not want them!

fastblaster2002
03-08-2005, 05:13 AM
well being as i have a blaster...my main source for online parts is www.projectblaster.com or www.vcaracing.com....ive also used www.gmo1.com

i buy on company reputation,price,and customer support

if anyone needs parts for ATV's check out VCA racings website theyre great

Trevor
03-08-2005, 06:33 AM
here is my list none of them are atv parts though!

C pen
USB jump drive
board game
jewlery
5 IBM laptops

I think that's it !