PDA

View Full Version : anyone havin trouble with thier candy apple PC

Burnt12
03-06-2005, 11:39 AM
i recently got my frame powdercoated candy apple red. when i got it back it looked great but when i started puttin stuff back on it the red layer started cracking off with just about every blot i put on. the under near chrome layer is staying just fine.

so i was wondering if anyone out there is having this problem or is it a bad way of powdercoating .

sampleez
03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
the person that did it prolly didn't let it bake long enough. i did on the first few parts i did and they chiped off like that too.

Lolli2
03-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Mine's been fine. I would definitely talk to whoever powder coated it for you.

T.Hopp
03-10-2005, 03:40 PM
No problem with mine. Pappy did a great job! He did mention to me that it could be cracked off if too much torque was applied to bolts. He gave me a torque rating but I forgot what it was.

Burnt12
03-11-2005, 05:57 PM
na i just put it on not to tight or anything. even when i was tightening it you could see it bubble up and hear it start cracking even before the bolt is tight. yea it would start pretty much as soon as the bolt hit the frame.

bobyfz450
03-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I am in the process of having my YFZ frame recoated because I had the same problem with the transparent red color which is about the same as the candy. After a little research we found out that it was under cured and needed to bake longer.