PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!XC RACING ??????

angelon400ex
03-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I need to know if the stock Predator engine with HMF slipon and K&N filter can make it through a full GNCC race on one tank of gas. Had very bad experience first race in Florida on my Four Stroke Tech pred 2 yrs ago in Florida. I would have finished 3-4 place in women's class but ran out of gas because I never spotted my impromptu pit crew for fuel. I was only just over 2 miles from finish. I am planning on racing at least Steele Creek and Cross Anchor sc races with my new predator. Can anyone advise on this? Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

ZsPred
03-06-2005, 08:08 AM
I cant really answer your question, but you can get a Trailblazer gas cap with the fuel gauge in it so you will atleast know how much you have in the tank. I run one on my pred and works awesome.

Thanks Chris

angelon400ex
03-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks....I will keep that in mind.
Has anyone raced the Predator with unmodified motor in xc race? anyone? It may come down to me timing how long it takes me to go through a tank of gas or to get to reserve when I go riding in a week but sure would love to know. I would feel much better about my first GNCC

jesshamner
03-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Why not go ahead and schedule a pitstop during the race? You can also try to practice at race speed to see how long it will go on a tank of gas.

ex2pred
03-09-2005, 08:39 PM
I ran a 75 minute WORCS race last fall without stopping for fuel. I was running HC piston and 172.5 main jet. Hope this helps.

Braff1
03-10-2005, 06:15 AM
I raced my 03 Predator with HMF slip-on. Depending on the track (fast or tight), track length, and your riding style you can safely do 3 laps. If you go out for the 4th lap I would suggest getting at least 1/2 to 1 gal. On the 4th lap I had to switch to reserve about 3 mi. in. I was sweatign the hill climbs.

If you are needing someone to help pit give me a shout. My daughter (Lil-Braff) usually runs my pits for me. If she is out taking pics her b/f dad is there.

Personally I would suggest loosing the K&N filter and get the White Bros. foam filter. I don't know what it was with the K&N but I had many failures with it allowing dust to pass through or around the rubber lip.

SwainRacing
03-10-2005, 11:14 AM
I just got back from the FL GNCC Race and my Predator is all stock and I would not have made it on only 1 tank of gas. I stoped on the begining of the 3rd lap and filled up and was good to go!

JohnO
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I have an 04 with no engine mods and a Yosh pipe. I ran Spartan II and the Ironman last year with it on only one tank of gas. Granted I'm a lot slower (and older) than the pro's and you younger riders out there but I did at least get a 9th place in my class at Crawfordsville. One tank should be fine unless you complete the same laps that the top riders do. I usually run one lap less than those folks but I have never had to put gas in on any of my district or national races. The only way you can be 100% is to go out and run at race pace for a measuerd time and see how much fuel you burn.

3rdtime
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I raced a predator in the stock class in 03 and i allways stoped to get a gallon. never tried to run the entire race on one tank. its going to depend on how fast the track is and how hard you ride. really only a few seconds to stop and gas up isnt going to cost you..