PDA

View Full Version : back to stock pipe but with cam?

400exJOE
05-06-2002, 07:22 PM
I really want to get my noise level down from where it is right now. If I put the stock pipe back on and put in a Hot Cams stage 2 cam, would I lose or gain from where I am right now with the pipe and no cam? Thanks

400exJOE
05-06-2002, 07:51 PM
bump

flaneledholes
05-06-2002, 08:31 PM
what does bump mean???????????

05-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey Joe,

Where you going with that pipe in your hand JK, but which pipe is too loud? I thought the IDS2 was on the quite side.

I think if you intend on running the stock pipe only you may not want a cam with so much duration since I do not think the pipe will allow the extra air/fuel that the cam will be trying to push through.

I guess if you intend on trading off pipes depending on where your ridig that day it would work but you may be better off finding a pipe that you like (not too loud or too restrictive) and designing your engine around that.

You should also consider what type of riding you do as this will can alter your needs as well.

05-07-2002, 03:01 PM
the pipe starts out quiet, but as it gets used more the packing needs to be replaced. Mine is starting to get loud. easy to change though, and no rivits to drill and replace, just allen bolts.