PDA

View Full Version : fake eBay and PayPal emails

rubiowner01
03-05-2005, 06:59 PM
It seems that recently there has been a lot of fake emails sent out to people asking to confirm account information. These are fake emails that provide you with a link to a website that looks identical to eBay or PayPal. These websites are not the real thing. They ask you to confirm your account and password. When you enter it in, it enables them to get into your account and steal all your information including addresses, credit cards, bank accounts, and any other information that is stored on your account. I just wanted to draw everyone’s attention to this matter so that it doesn’t affect anyone. So if you see one of these emails DO NOT click on the link. You can forward these emails to spoof@eBay.com and spoof@paypal.com. You can also do a search and there is a ton of info on the web about these emails.

Lolli2
03-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I forwarded mine to spoof@paypal.com. When you open the email it says it's a payment for Myst.
Never click on an email link to get into paypal. Always type it in your address bar or use the link you have saved in favorites or bookmarked.
Paypal and Ebay will address you by your name.

Rubiowner-what a great idea for a post to give people a head's up!

Cody_300ex
03-05-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm glad I don't use eBay too much anymore. I prefer fourms. :ermm: