PDA

View Full Version : buying a used 400ex

redexrider4290
03-05-2005, 06:20 PM
i have a 03 250ex and i was thinking of buying a used 400ex and i was wandering if i were to sell my 250 wat do you think it would be worth and if i look at a used 400ex how can i tell if it has been maintaned and how would i know if the engine is in good condition and has years of good runing left in it

i have gotten preety fond of reverse i dont like the idea of not having it but i was wandering how anyone with a 400ex minds not having reverse or not and how often do they wish they had it
(i do alot of trail riding)

enduro400rider
03-05-2005, 09:35 PM
just look over it really good smell the oil to see if it smells burnt look over the frame to see if it has any cracks and look to see if it has been rewielded. try to wiggle the wheels to check the wheel barings when he starts it up look for smoke out of the exuast take it for a test ride to see if it runs and shifts well. about the reverse dont worry about it you will get used to it yeah you gotta get off and push or pull but o well you will get over it the only time you will really miss the reverse is when you get stuck in the mud but you will learn to take better judge ment about what you should try to ride through or just get a bunch of speed and hange on and hope you make it ;) the 400ex is a great bike you will be very happy if you get it just dont rush into a purchase look over it very good or you might end up like me after 2 months of owning my used 400 i had a $500 bill from the honda shop from a snaped timing chain