PDA

View Full Version : ????????92 250x problems?????

xhondakid250x
03-05-2005, 03:11 PM
today i went ridin and my chain was a lil loseit came off while i was riding due to the chain poping of the sprocket the chain broke throw the (crank case) i am not sur if that is wut it is called or what put it did actually brake threw the metal by the front sprocket.....

any suggestions and if any body has parts that i need to fix this i would greatly apperciated THANK YOU!!!!!!!

stonerider250x
03-05-2005, 04:17 PM
ur best bet would be to buy a new cuz once u repair it it dont take much to break it back open..theres normally a couiple on ebay. but if u dont have the money u can do what we did to our previous one is get a peice of metal and epoxy it to the inside onf the space where the sprocket goes

kicken250x
03-05-2005, 04:21 PM
if it just hit the cover then youre in good shape, if it cought the case too then youre going to have to get a machine shop to weld it back up then match it to a new cover. look for a new left side case cover, ive bought a few, you can get used ones from east coast atv. try and give them a call and see what you come up with. and when you put it all back together get an OEM honda case saver and this wont happen

4trax250x81
03-05-2005, 07:57 PM
The same thing happened to me and i took some JB Weld and patch the hole up (you may have to let it dry and reapply if the hole is big) Its holdn up great, doesnt leak a drop!

2muchquad
03-05-2005, 08:52 PM
once you do get it fixed,replace those axle bearings if there shot.TOO MANY times i come across quads where this has happened,its usually swingarm and axle bearings are shot.if people would practice a lil'mo upkeep this wouldnt happen as often.but when their ridden hard and put away wet.....:ermm:

ltl666devil
03-06-2005, 02:36 PM
if you get the case welded by some1 that weld aluminum have them thicken up that part of the wall on the case. just make sure the oil dosent get blocked off from the little passage ways. if you have the stock axle carrier and locknut it will keep happening. the stock parts dont stay tight witch makes the axlecarrier to move foward and loosen the chain.