PDA

View Full Version : ATC200ES starting problem please help

rubiowner01
03-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I am trying to run my 84 atc200es, but it is not getting a spark...what could cause this? thx

dork
03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
these items control spark: stator, pulser/advancer, coil, cdi, spark plug, fuse, and kill switch. start with the easiest ones, like the kill switch and plug. then check your main fuse under the seat, then try the pulser underneath the cam cover. see if theres any rust buildup and that it moves ok.

rubiowner01
03-05-2005, 03:54 PM
I have checked almost everthing. Ive tried several new spark plugs. I have tried a coil that I know works. I have checked the pulsor under the cam cover it looks fine. I have checked all the fuses, all good. The start button dosent work, so i am thinking the solenoid doesnt work. The only thing I think might be the problem is the cdi. Is there anyway to check the cdi, or do i just have to try a new one?? Thanks

rubiowner01
03-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Ok, I talked to someone at a atv salvage yard, and he was very sure it was the stator. I have a brand new one he gave me. Does anyone know where this goes. I feel stupid, but cannot find where it goes...

03-05-2005, 04:12 PM
it goes on the left side of your motor, the thing that says "honda" needs to come off, and your flywheel removed, and there you will find your stator

Jesse..

btw, another site, that has alot of info on 3 wheelers would be 3wheelerworld.com or 3wheeler.org

rubiowner01
03-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
it goes on the left side of your motor, the thing that says "honda" needs to come off, and your flywheel removed, and there you will find your stator

ahh yes of course.... :rolleyes:

I will probably replace that tommorow and see if it works... gonna have to run to honda and grab a gasket

rubiowner01
03-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Ok I replaced the stator today and it works. Now the problem is when i put it into first gear it cuts out. :mad: Reverse works just fine and it idles great. I have no idea what the problem could be. :confused: Anyone have any idea?? Thx

dork
03-06-2005, 08:32 PM
the 84 has neutral and reverse lights, and it won't start in gear or reverse. so you probably have a problem with the neutral switch sticking or something. the reverse switch is separate from the neutral switch.