PDA

View Full Version : Crash!! Help!

05-06-2002, 06:26 PM
So I went riding the other day for the first time with my new suspension. I got +2 JD arms and PEP Limited Mass shocks. Then I crashed....twice. I went on some mountain riding trails (don't ask me why I was there in the first place...I didn't want to be there also). On my first fall I fell off my bike and my bike kept going down this hill about 40 feet down and got stopped by the trunk of this small tree on my left lower a-arm. :( Then my suspension started to squeak. I know skueaking is OK, but it almost sounds like a rough skueak or a grind almost. Oh well, I had to finish the trail. THEN I got thrown off my bike (don't ask how cause I don't want to think about that) and my bike ended up on it's side. When I put my bike on all four again I realized that I broke the upper ball joint on my right a-arm(the bike was on the right wheels).
The reason I'm writing this in here is to ask you all what I should look for in my suspension? Is the squeaking ok? I checked for bent parts and they all seem ok, but is there any other way I can check the front suspension for any damage? I would really like any comments. Anything would help!! Thanks.

Ex'r Marlin
05-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Try some WD-40 on your shocks..... Shoot it on your spacers, or where you think the squeaking is coming from. (Hopefully the squeaking is not coming from the inside of the shock!!).

I don't have PEP shocks, but my Elkas have the metal spacers that make noise if I don't shoot some WD-40 on them.

Sorry to hear about your two mishaps!!!!

05-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Thanks Marlin! I'll give that a try.

05-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Bump

Jim300ex
05-07-2002, 01:01 PM
your not a really good rider are you cause i always ride on trails and never crash that bad!

Live2Ride300
05-07-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey man, you may want to take off your a-arms and shocks and check everything out good, then regrease them when u put them back on, to make sure everything is ok. Sorry to hear about ur crashes man. Crashing sux. Just one of those days huh? sorry man, hope ur suspensions ok, later

charlie

05-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the info Live2ride...much appreciated!

As for you Jim...I didn't ask for your cynicism!:grr