PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4

400EX_Kid_03
03-05-2005, 09:44 AM
So who has it already? When did you get it? And how far are you?

I got it the day after it came out (I dont even have a PS2, I had to borrow one) and I am at just over 16%

Best damn game I have EVER played!!!

WOracing
03-05-2005, 09:45 AM
ask mxjunkie69:rolleyes: lol

450Racer
03-05-2005, 10:58 AM
GT4 is the best racing game out there. the graphics are crystal clear and the cars are so realstic on the track. i love it. i had it reserved since late last summer and skipped school the day it came out to pick it up and play it. i have 22% done. i'm working on my IA license but #15 takes 10 minutes long. i was at 7 minutes and right beside the pace car and he decides to hit me and i had to restart so i'm takign a break for a little. i love this game, i play it hours everyday.

ATV vs. MX Unleashed is comin out in just 3 days!!! be ready

Syrus
03-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Great game, im 25% done.

fasterz
03-05-2005, 11:57 AM
theres a post about it a few pages back... i lvoe the game too, im at like 20%, im havin some trouble findin what races i need to do right now though

Syrus
03-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Btw just a hint for you all GT4 gamers, buy the subaru impreza STI and mod the **** outa it, its the fastest car ever, with perfect handling. Buy the viper for the American class's. And buy the Nissan Skyline for other races. 3 best cars I have right now.

underpowered
03-05-2005, 01:10 PM
i got the game the day it cam out. i amm only like 16% done. my friend is already 90 somthin % done. I love that game. i already have 20 cars. my favorte so far is the Camaro LM race car. it flies and handle well to.,

JDiablo
03-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
ask mxjunkie69:rolleyes: lol

lmao his away message is "playing GT4" or something like that,ahh i gotta try it although i dont dig video games that much

Mxjunkie
03-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lmao his away message is "playing GT4" or something like that,ahh i gotta try it although i dont dig video games that much

lol, I have gamecube, ps2 and xbox, 50+ games. Im at 20% right now, the game sucks at first, handlings a little goofy other then that I have no complaints! I bought burnout 3 last night to, fun game!

JDiablo
03-05-2005, 01:34 PM
go to sleep,god damn how much caffenie do you consume?

Chef
03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
lol, I have gamecube, ps2 and xbox, 50+ games. Im at 20% right now, the game sucks at first, handlings a little goofy other then that I have no complaints! I bought burnout 3 last night to, fun game!

The handling isnt goofy...its realistic.

Mxjunkie
03-05-2005, 01:39 PM
go to sleep,god damn how much caffenie do you consume?

12 pack of cokes gone and we just got it yesterday I havent slept yet :D

chef- yeah It is, Its alot better then 2, that game was horrible. Just takes some getting use to from playing other games

JDiablo
03-05-2005, 01:45 PM

chef- yeah It is, Its alot better then 2, that game was horrible. Just takes some getting use to from playing other games

god damn i havent even had two cans of soda in almost a year

haircutt
03-05-2005, 02:00 PM
i got it the dat it came out i am only 32% throw it but i got 89 kick *** cars If i'm on here i just got to stars and stripes and us that one mode that race for you and build up money to buy cars with.

acold7dusta
03-05-2005, 02:45 PM
i picked it yesterday im like 2.5% done... i got a lancer evo and the handling sucks and i dont know how to edit the suspension- i have level 2 on it

03-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Anyone got cheats? I got this freakin 90' mazda rx-7 that sucks balls. Alls it has is suspension.

enduro400rider
03-05-2005, 05:36 PM
anyone have problems with your brakes sticking on this game i played it and on certain tracks my breaks stick i know its not the controler its brand new and i even tried my old one just to see great game though

mx400
03-05-2005, 06:00 PM
had the game for about 2 weeks. almost 65% done.

Big400EX
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
god damn i havent even had two cans of soda in almost a year

Are you amish.. either that or your gay sine you dont drink soda or play video games. Even if you had friends which is prolly what your going to come back to me with, your obviously not with your friends all the time so you cant say that you dont play games cause you have friends to chyll with.

anyway, never played the game but I'd like to try it.

TGW_400ex
03-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Go try to play GT1 now haha it's hard:eek2:

03-06-2005, 11:55 AM
anyone know if you have to get all golds to get the b licence?

MOFO
03-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
anyone know if you have to get all golds to get the b licence?

no you dont. But if you do, you'll get a car as a reward for all golds.

03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
my roomate just came back from his week seista, and he had gotten this game.. and i have to say i am extremly dissapointed with it.. a year and a half of work and it looks the same as gt3.. it sounds like im playing excitebike on the first gameboy, and the tuning aspects are all wrong.. i mean you would think that a year and a half of designing this game, they would have put a little more THOUGHT into REALISM since it is the "REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR" yea its real if your used to driving weed eaters..

the gameplay itself tho is ok..

and another bug, you cant have different "profiles" so you and your buddy can play the same game.. and have your own savegames..

all in all after all the hype, i dont think there was much thought put into the important things but rather the thought was put into how many more cars they can get in the came and what they look like.. i could care less what they look like, if its the "Real Driving Simulator" they would make the cars sound real, and function real.

who would have thought that a 2.73 final ratio would be slower than a 3.73.. just no thought putinto the important things..

this game blows, and if i would have bought it, it would have been returned that same day

Jesse

Jingle 11
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
GT4 is the best racing game out there. the graphics are crystal clear and the cars are so realstic on the track. i love it. i had it reserved since late last summer and skipped school the day it came out to pick it up and play it. i have 22% done. i'm working on my IA license but #15 takes 10 minutes long. i was at 7 minutes and right beside the pace car and he decides to hit me and i had to restart so i'm takign a break for a little. i love this game, i play it hours everyday.

ATV vs. MX Unleashed is comin out in just 3 days!!! be ready

i was lookin at some sites about Mx vs. Atv but they all say it comes out the 14th if so ima get pissed. Ive been looking forward to this game all day yesterday and today. DAMN IT

Scott-300ex
03-07-2005, 05:37 PM
2.73 is slower than a 3.73

only on top end is 2.73 faster, cuz the 3.73 has more acceleration, it will just top out faster

I played the game Friday at my friends house, He's good at it but he's good at them all, he said he's like 4% done, had it a week and doesn't play it constantly

We played 2 player and i bet i drove a faster and slower car then you guys

Fastest
-Toyota Supra, on 2 player all the way over, get up to 185 real
quick

Slowest
-15 horsepower, if your lucky, your doin 50 within a matter of 10 minutes, i completed a lap and my frien with the car was doin 25, and he was goin straight the whole time, it looks like a cozy coupe, i'll have to find out what car it is though

03-07-2005, 05:40 PM
2.73 is NOT slower than 3.73 on the top end ... which is what i was referring too.. but in the game, the 2.73 is 20 mph SLOWER than 3.73's... which is TOTALLY wrong

Jesse

Syrus
03-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Dirt Merchant
my roomate just came back from his week seista, and he had gotten this game.. and i have to say i am extremly dissapointed with it.. a year and a half of work and it looks the same as gt3.. it sounds like im playing excitebike on the first gameboy, and the tuning aspects are all wrong.. i mean you would think that a year and a half of designing this game, they would have put a little more THOUGHT into REALISM since it is the "REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR" yea its real if your used to driving weed eaters..

and another bug, you cant have different "profiles" so you and your buddy can play the same game.. and have your own savegames..

all in all after all the hype, i dont think there was much thought put into the important things but rather the thought was put into how many more cars they can get in the came and what they look like.. i could care less what they look like, if its the "Real Driving Simulator" they would make the cars sound real, and function real.

who would have thought that a 2.73 final ratio would be slower than a 3.73.. just no thought putinto the important things..

this game blows, and if i would have bought it, it would have been returned that same day

Jesse

I think someone plays a lil to many video games if you ask me.

Do u honestly think they made the gear ratio's wrong ? I bet any money your wrong, and the game is right, they dont spend that much money, and work on a game that long to do some thing as dumb as that. Also the sound is pefect, When ur car/truck is at idle, you can hear what the car actually sounds like, but once its revved up to 9 or 10 grand, most cars all sound the same, just like in the game. When ur racing, the only thing u'll hear is the scream of the rpms. If u had sourround sound with some bass, you would notice the difference, you can hear the brakes, turbo, supercharger, engine trasmission, everything like u would hear in real life.

03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
I think someone plays a lil to many video games if you ask me.

Do u honestly think they made the gear ratio's wrong ? I bet any money your wrong, and the game is right, they dont spend that much money, and work on a game that long to do some thing as dumb as that. Also the sound is pefect, When ur car/truck is at idle, you can hear what the car actually sounds like, but once its revved up to 9 or 10 grand, most cars all sound the same, just like in the game. When ur racing, the only thing u'll hear is the scream of the rpms. If u had sourround sound with some bass, you would notice the difference, you can hear the brakes, turbo, supercharger, engine trasmission, everything like u would hear in real life.

your telling me im wrong? you need to go back to school to learn gear ratio's

Jesse

MOFO
03-07-2005, 06:37 PM

I can tell you that on a 46" 16:9 HDTV (DLP) running the game at 1080i, it sure as hell does NOT look anything like GT3. Also running the game through a GOOD receiver with Dolby PLII decoding and a good set of 5.1 speakers, the game sure as hell does NOT sound like GT3... when I take my 96 911 Turbo into 160+ mph range with the system cranked, my room will vibrate... it certainly does NOT sound like a game boy... its only going to sound as good as your system...same goes for the TV.

Also, for the price of a memory card, why not just buy another one? Anyone serious into gaming is going to have more than one memory card...besides, if you play over at someone else's system, you'll need your own.

As for the driving characteristics, show me a game that is more realistic than the GT series... save your time... you wont find one! As for your gear ratios, everytime I make a change to the tranny gearing, its correct....atleast for the gears in the tranny... never had a need to change the rear end gears yet....

MOFO
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
your telling me im wrong? you need to go back to school to learn gear ratio's

Jesse

your logic is correct, but you are wrong about the game.

for chits and grins I just played with one of my cars... 1970 Chevelle with around 750hp and 800+ ft/lb... with my standard config with a 4.10 rear end, I would top out at 160mph.... with a 3.73 rear end I would top out way above 160..actually over 170mph.... and thats ONLY changing my final drive gear.

seems to work just fine for me.

03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
hrmm.. i lost about 20 mph on the top doing the exact same thing.. iono.. i find that extremly strange that on one machine it works like it should, but on another it doesnt..

oh well.. and ill run it through the computer to see if it sounds any different

Jesse

MOFO
03-07-2005, 06:55 PM
hrmm.. i lost about 20 mph on the top doing the exact same thing.. iono.. i find that extremly strange that on one machine it works like it should, but on another it doesnt..

oh well.. and ill run it through the computer to see if it sounds any different

Jesse

just to make things more interesting, if you look at the bottom of your screen when your on the final gear ratio, it actually explains how changing this ratio can effect your top speed vs acceleration...and their explanation is correct.

I think your problem might be lack of power. If your motor can't put out enough power to turn those "airplane" gears, you'll never reach your top speed.

I can assure you that they put ALOT of thought and programming into this game... getting gear ratios messed up is not something they missed.

03-07-2005, 06:58 PM
the car i was messing with is the caddy cias or somthing like that.. with 750ish hp, i understand the speed vs accerlation deal.. i just dont understand how it didnt go faster with the wider gears... even the graph showed the gearing farther apart.. the car topped out at 230ish with 2.73's and 250ish with 3.73's

just a bit strange

Jesse

MOFO
03-07-2005, 07:05 PM
the car i was messing with is the caddy cias or somthing like that.. with 750ish hp, i understand the speed vs accerlation deal.. i just dont understand how it didnt go faster with the wider gears... even the graph showed the gearing farther apart.. the car topped out at 230ish with 2.73's and 250ish with 3.73's

just a bit strange

Jesse

I've got that same car.... right now its putting out 1010+ hp... the ONLY way I can reach my top speed of 273.xxx is increasing my gear ratio across the board...especially the rear end and last couple gears. It works fine for me...

BTW, I needed a 100 shot of nitrous to get that speed at the very end.

actually now that I re-read your post, that makes sense... when you are running the 2.73 rear end, I'll bet $100 you never get close to your red line... you run out of space before you get close. You need more power, alot more when you get into those speeds.... your main enemy is the wind resistance holding you back....when you decrease your rear end ratio (2.73 vs 3.73), your losing power at those high speeds in your final gear....therefore, your never reaching redline or your top speed.

03-07-2005, 07:08 PM
nope im riding the limiter... and im doing that about a quarter of the way through the tunnel.. it goes up to about 230ish and then bounces right back down to 221ish..

Jesse

Syrus
03-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Anyone got past 278mph ? I had the viper doing 278 with the gears pushed out, but i havent tried any other cars. Skyline and STI owns the game so badly.

MOFO
03-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Nope, top for me was using that Caddy... 273mph or so. Pushing a little over 1010hp and using a 100 shot of NOS during the top speed run. I think I can tweak it for a tad more, but probably not more than the speed you mentioned.

I'll come back in a couple days with a better answer. :D

crday98
03-07-2005, 10:14 PM
i already hit 656 mph:eek2: no joke!! but there is a secret:devil:

400EX_Kid_03
03-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Well so far my favorite car is the Nissan Z (JGTC) Race car pushing around 800HP... with racing tires, it handles better than anything I have.
Further more, I am very dissapointed with the Evo VIII MR, it handles like a boat, I am much more impressed with my WRX Sti which so far is incredible in every aspect.

All in all, I am entirely impressed with the entire game... just incredible!!!

-Hey crday98... So whats that secret you got?

red
03-08-2005, 09:57 AM
well i havent played the game yet but if it is like gt3 and has the pikes peak car...then that will be your fastest car when you totally mod it out and mess with the gearing. in gt3 my buddy and i had that car well over 300mph so look for that car and see what you can do.

MY450R
03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
IN GT3 IF YOU HAVE THE PIKES PEAK AND YOU GO ON THE BIG OVAL TRACK TRY TO WHEelie it putting all down force on the back and none on the front .
you will go like 600mph in a wheelie down the straight

red
03-08-2005, 10:16 AM
this was just with normal driving we had it like 350 or something like that but now i will have to try that.

MY450R
03-08-2005, 10:55 AM
you have to play with the gear ratio a little but it works
trust me
its wierd though because your in a wheelie when your doing it so you dont know where your going .just be sure that your lined up straight with the other end of the track

awj8074
03-08-2005, 02:12 PM
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/5264/31412vr.jpg
fastest ive gone

day 694 you get these in your Used car lot

http://img217.exs.cx/img217/2384/blackgtone13pb.jpg
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/7630/blackcars3xe.jpg
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/7620/blackcars10me.jpg
http://img217.exs.cx/img217/1885/blackcars56ie.jpg

my Z06

http://img217.exs.cx/img217/2114/march817gf.jpg
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/3299/march856rf.jpg
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/7518/march892mw.jpg

LTZ400rider
03-08-2005, 02:41 PM
that is sick, how much do them cars cost? is that vette doin a wheelie down wind or power? oh yeah the caddy, why the hell does it shift so slow!? and why does the supercharger make you lose power?

MOFO
03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
nice screen shots!

I need to get my jump drive and post a few of my own...

Scott-300ex
03-08-2005, 04:05 PM
ok, the real slow car is a subaru

they need to have an 80's style 5.0 in there

trick450r
03-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
ok, the real slow car is a subaru

they need to have an 80's style 5.0 in there

why in the hell yould they have that?...the cars on the game are supposed to handle well.....

MOFO
03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
why in the hell yould they have that?...the cars on the game are supposed to handle well.....

:devil:

Jingle 11
03-08-2005, 07:27 PM
i just shelled out 53 dollars for it. we'll see how it is.

Tommy 17
03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
i'm at 9%... i don't have much time into it and i suck haha:o

Scott-300ex
03-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by trick450r

if your talkin about 5.0's i'll give you a ride in mine

75mph in a 35mph posted speed limit turn

45mph where other people go 10mph

and i still have to put the subframe connecters on this saturday so this is without them

53 bucks for the subaru?:confused:

lmao

Jingle 11
03-10-2005, 01:30 PM

lmao

No dumb arse. the game.

Scott-300ex
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
hey, you wanna go?

your mom

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Scott-300ex
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
hey, you wanna go?

your mom

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

trick450r
03-11-2005, 04:02 PM
if your talkin about 5.0's i'll give you a ride in mine

75mph in a 35mph posted speed limit turn

45mph where other people go 10mph

and i still have to put the subframe connecters on this saturday so this is without them

lmao

lol haha i was jk but still you cant make a mustang handle real great....its a large chunk of detroit muscle...not a fine tuned german super car.....

Jingle 11
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
yes yes the wrx sti 04 c series i think is probably the best car in the game that i have come across yet. If ur just startin go race the japenese series the first series and race the first race. You can cut the track and win 7,500. it is five laps though.

acold7dusta
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
hey im 14% done and i won a 350Z race car....500 hp "stock" and handles like a dream also i won this caddy cien....760 hp stock now has 940hp with super charger... i almost got 250 grand right now....24 cars in my garage

awj8074
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
99.1% done i can see my black F1 car now. 100% here i come

1fastR
03-16-2005, 10:47 AM
35% done with 96 cars!

Jingle 11
03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
yes the 350z race car is awsome

awj8074
03-21-2005, 10:16 AM
got to 100%

awj8074
03-21-2005, 10:16 AM

Scott-300ex
03-21-2005, 04:38 PM
good for you:rolleyes:

just kiddin man

MOFO
03-22-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by awj8074

damn! I dont see your b-spec points... did you really drive all of those 1,000 mile and 24hour type races? Or did you use some b-spec time?

awj8074
03-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
damn! I dont see your b-spec points... did you really drive all of those 1,000 mile and 24hour type races? Or did you use some b-spec time? bspec the long ****

03-22-2005, 11:50 PM
on the bspec, do you accually sit there with it or let it go on its own?

im dealing with these pitas right now

Jesse

Punk'd
03-23-2005, 01:41 AM
My god those graphics look real!:eek:

awj8074
03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
on the bspec, do you accually sit there with it or let it go on its own?

im dealing with these pitas right now

Jesse let it go on its own. Start it before i go to bed and its done when i get home from work the next day