PDA

View Full Version : a joging question

JKWGA400EX
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
hey,
im ganna start joging and i have about 2+miles to jog on.so should i run till i cant take it no more and be hard on myself or should i just run till im tired?oh and how many times a day should i do situps and pushups?

thanks

jared

250xridamatt
03-04-2005, 07:07 PM
You could run the same amount every day, and just increase your pace when it gets easy. Or you could lengthen it somehow, to go for more endurance. Either one works. For the sit ups, me and my friends like to do them before bed. My friend will do 25 pushups, 50 situps, 25 pushups, 50 situps, 25 pushups, 50 situps, then 25 pushups, 50 sit ups. He has been doing this for about a year now, and he is a really strong. If you are just starting out you shouldnt do as much as him. Just try it some time and see how it feels.

Nausty
03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
push yourself but don't kill yourself

I'd suggest lifting weights also.

FourFiftyFour
03-05-2005, 08:41 AM
when i jog, i usually run a mile. when i feel like i am in better shape i will keep adding distance. gradually working your way up to two miles might be better for you. depends on how 'out of shape' you are, i got to be pretty out of shape because i have been sitting in front of a computer or driving my truck over half a day, most days out of the week for the last year or two