PDA

View Full Version : eBay...

chucked
03-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I sold a zx7 gas tank two weeks ago... I waited for the PayPal to clear, then the day after the next, I sent it out. First off the guy is calling me a liar because he said I waited a week before I sent it, well it takes about 4-5 days for paypal to clear. PLUS I CAN PROOVE WHEN EVERYTHING HAPPENED, it cleared on 2-21 and I sent it 2-23. Well wouldnt you know it UPS did something and added a nice dent on the tank. Now the guy wants a refund or hes going to give me negative feedback... He didnt even pay for insurance... I need a disclaimer from now on "if this product is damaged in shipping and then you put it on me because YOU didnt pay insurance, I will find where you live, come to your house, AND BEAT YOU!" woo I need anger management.

chucked
03-04-2005, 05:56 PM
This is what I hate about ebay, there's NOTHING you can do to retract a feedback except for a mutual agreement.

FoxRacing81
03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
that sucks! People like that are morons....

Some people choose the wrong shipping though...Some idiot who I bought my stock a arms off of sent them through USPS Parcel Service which took 2 weeks when it could have taken 3 days with UPS and it cost around the same price too. I don't get some people.

FoxRacing81
03-04-2005, 05:58 PM
and you can bet your *** the guy didnt recieve positive feedback from me.

chucked
03-04-2005, 06:03 PM
But what else sucks, is if you get strict, and start making insurance mandatory, or charging for a box and for UPS to pack it, people wont buy the part. When I ship side fairings, the box is almost 25 bucks! And I dont have enough packing peanuts to fill that thing so thats another 10. Then it's usually 40 bucks to ship it. So thats $75 bucks to ship it. People are constantly sending me emails complaing "It shouldn't cost more then $30 to ship this!!" I usually just reply "If you dont want to pay my charge for shipping then you can arrange shipping" I also have a receipt scanned in my computer that prooves it costs that much that I send to people.

WOracing
03-04-2005, 06:11 PM
hey sorry that this is a little off topic but you guys were talking about UPS and shipping time so i was wondering if i should have huevos 7 already if i ordered it on 2-26?

crday98
03-04-2005, 06:12 PM
first off, UPS automatically covers insurance up to the first $100 if i'm not mistaken. second, he should have asked for insurance. if he did not and the auction did not state that there was insurance available or if it did state that insurance was available and he chose not to purchase it,he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
i love idiots that cry about damaged stuff when they were just too damn cheap to pay the additional $1.30 to $2 for insurance.
you held up your end of the deal 100%. if he had the option to pay for insurance and didn't, that's his problem. tell him to deal with it!!!
if he leaves you negative feedback, i would contact ebay and explain the situation. you can possibly have the feedback from him revoked and file a complaint against him that might lead to the suspension of his account if you push hard enough though the possibility is slim.
you can also add notes to the feedback that he leaves stating that he got an item that was damaged from shipping and expected refund yet chose not to pay for insurance.
good luck;)

chucked
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by crday98
first off, UPS automatically covers insurance up to the first $100 if i'm not mistaken. second, he should have asked for insurance. if he did not and the auction did not state that there was insurance available or if it did state that insurance was available and he chose not to purchase it,he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
i love idiots that cry about damaged stuff when they were just too damn cheap to pay the additional $1.30 to $2 for insurance.
you held up your end of the deal 100%. if he had the option to pay for insurance and didn't, that's his problem. tell him to deal with it!!!
if he leaves you negative feedback, i would contact ebay and explain the situation. you can possibly have the feedback from him revoked and file a complaint against him that might lead to the suspension of his account if you push hard enough though the possibility is slim.
you can also add notes to the feedback that he leaves stating that he got an item that was damaged from shipping and expected refund yet chose not to pay for insurance.
good luck;)
Well the part was well over $100, Im not even gonna bother contacting ebay. I have had problems before, they dont do anything unless the amount is so much that you can take someone to court.

FoxRacing81
03-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
hey sorry that this is a little off topic but you guys were talking about UPS and shipping time so i was wondering if i should have huevos 7 already if i ordered it on 2-26?

where did you order it from?

If you ordered it from hbombfilms, then no, your order should be right on time. It took them 2 weeks to send my 3 disk dvd box set and a tshirt when i selected 2 day shipping.

chucked
03-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by MX610EX

If you ordered it from hbombfilms, then no, your order should be right on time. It took them 2 weeks to send my 3 disk dvd box set and a tshirt when i selected 2 day shipping. You can go to www.ups.com and check the estimated shipping time, but it mostly depends on when the place you ordered it from sent it out.

bulkdriverlp
03-04-2005, 08:01 PM
dude, if your gunna ship something, make sure you include the price of insurance in the shipping agreement in your ad. this way if it was damaged when he got it, you could claim the insurance and he would be happy. you better refund his money because it was your mistake bud, jmo

chucked
03-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
dude, if your gunna ship something, make sure you include the price of insurance in the shipping agreement in your ad. this way if it was damaged when he got it, you could claim the insurance and he would be happy. you better refund his money because it was your mistake bud, jmo It's there! listed under "Shipping and payment details" it has "Shipping insurance
US $3.00 Optional"

crday98
03-04-2005, 09:43 PM
dude, if your gunna ship something, make sure you include the price of insurance in the shipping agreement in your ad. this way if it was damaged when he got it, you could claim the insurance and he would be happy. you better refund his money because it was your mistake bud, jmo how was it his mistake??????:rolleyes:

honduh440
03-04-2005, 09:58 PM
even though you did everything right the guy is most likely still gonna be a jack***** and give u negative feedback you call always leave a reply to the feedback saying "shipping damage not my fault" or something along that line but if he does id do like the other guy said and contact ebay to get the feedback off ur name they are very cooperative

ps dont leave him negative feedback just because he left you negative

bulkdriverlp
03-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Well the part was well over $100,

if the part was worth over 100 bucks why didnt YOU just pay the 3 bucks for the buyer to make sure it had insurence on it. dont give the buyer the option, you sold it, you ship it, you put insurence on it to make sure its covered if it gets damaged, thats what im trying to say, if you dont get it now, sorry im not gunna explain it again!!

crday98
03-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Well the part was well over $100,

if the part was worth over 100 bucks why didnt YOU just pay the 3 bucks for the buyer to make sure it had insurence on it. dont give the buyer the option, you sold it, you ship it, you put insurence on it to make sure its covered if it gets damaged, thats what im trying to say, if you dont get it now, sorry im not gunna explain it again!! it doesn't matter if the part sold for over $500 to me. the buyer had the option to pay for insurance and chose not to, that is not chucked's fault. why should he take a loss regardless of the amount because the buyer was too cheap to pay the extra $3?? chucked already has his ebay and paypal fees cut from the amount he sold the item for.there is no reason he should take an even greater loss plain and simple. i know if i bought an item that was worth more than $100, i'd sure as hell pay the extra amount to protect my investment by having it insured in the event something might happen to it. it is not the seller's responsibility, it is the buyer's.

if your attitude is that the seller should be responsible for a situation like this, i pray you never buy anything from me.
i love idiots like you that cry about something being damaged from shipping yet refuse to pay the insurance when you had the option to. the terms and conditions are all in black and white in the auction listing. chucked held up his end 100%, there is no reason he should have to take a loss because the buyer didn't pay when he had the option to!!!

chucked
03-05-2005, 08:30 AM
I am not even making a profit here, I am selling these for a friend, he is paying my ebay fees, also shipping was more then I charged him for so I was out money.

WOracing
03-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by MX610EX

If you ordered it from hbombfilms, then no, your order should be right on time. It took them 2 weeks to send my 3 disk dvd box set and a tshirt when i selected 2 day shipping.

so basically i would have been better off doing overnight shipping then regular shipping:mad:

chucked
03-05-2005, 09:44 AM
According to the rules of eBay, I am not responsible since he did not pay insurance.