PDA

View Full Version : Not another brake question!!!

300exryder
05-06-2002, 05:41 PM
I was listening to my tire spi while on the stand and i could hear a distinct scratching noise coming from my brakes. Does this mena it is time for new pads, and if so, is it something an average joe can do??

Sort of off topic but...... is it ok to run a quad with a bent rim? It is bent pretty bad but it didn't reach the hub or anything like that. Will anything bad come of it except for some uneven tread wear? Also, a little bit of play (1/8 to a 1/4 inch) is alright for the front tires to wiggle back and forth right?

Thanx

300exryder
05-07-2002, 03:51 PM
Don't all answer at once!!:(

Anybody have a far-off guess?:confused: :(

Sparkles
05-07-2002, 08:08 PM
:( dunno man, hopefully someone smart comes along

TRX_Thumper
05-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Scratching noise could be build up of dirt or worn pads...pull the caliper off see how much is left...a bent rim will stress bearings...

Leo
05-07-2002, 09:16 PM
yup the scratching noise could either be dirt in there, or your down to metal on the pads.. best bet is to disassemble / clean everything up..

as far as the bent wheel goes.. If it's bent enough your getting a vibration at speed it may cause your bearings to wear out quicker..

Leo

05-08-2002, 01:24 PM
i dunno dude... but my 300ex makes all sorts of brake noises when i spin the front tires i think they just rub a little bith wen there not even pressed in... I dont care tho lol all brakes do is slow you down.. and you dont need that!

05-08-2002, 01:56 PM
I just did the brakes on my 400ex and I never heard a sound coming from them, but I just checked the indicator and it said it was time to change them and it was correct. So maybe you could try this! I didn't think it was hard, but make sure that the bolt to the emergency brake is loose. Hope this works for u.