PDA

View Full Version : What happens to stolen ATVs....Big Als Big Gay Barn?????

citizennobody
03-04-2005, 04:50 PM
So what is the real scoop on what happens to stolen ATVs? Do people keep them a put different VINs or just file them off? Dont they then have file the one off the motor and elsewhere? Do they get parted out? How is that? Just wondering. I never hear of anyone getting theirs back.

I protect mine by putting a padlock on the rear calipers; I got the idea from streetbike caliper locks (so they can't just push them away). I also chain them together with a cable lock and I do the same for my trailer by running a cable lock through the rear wheel and around the leaf spring. I padlock my garage doors too. I bet someone could still steal them if they want but that is only level one Mario, to get the princess they have to get past me with my guns and my home alarm....!!!!

So what do you think Sparky?

Big400EX
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
I bet the whole reason for you posting this was so you could say:

that is only level one Mario, to get the princess they have to get past me with my guns

I've never even seen you here before...
:huh

thanks for the info..

03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
well considering i have full insurance on my quad. i dont really go to great lengths to keep it from getting stolen. i lock the garage after every ride. but if they want to bust into the garage and take it. ill get 6500 from insurance company to go out and buy a new one:ermm:

citizennobody
03-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX

that is only level one Mario, to get the princess they have to get past me with my guns

thanks for the info..

Sometimes when one of you answers in these threads all I mentally picture is a monkey sitting at a desk humping a football and banging away at the keyboard.....:huh

chucked
03-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by citizennobody
Sometimes when one of you answers in these threads all I mentally picture is a monkey sitting at a desk humping a football and banging away at the keyboard.....:huh lmao, im gonna use that one!

TWISTED
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Sometimes when one of you answers in these threads all I mentally picture is a monkey sitting at a desk humping a football and banging away at the keyboard.....:huh

I thought it was just me, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with these visions...

Big400EX
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
got jokes, well dont underestimate a monkey their actually pretty intelligent, seeing as though we supposedly evolved from monkeys but im not sure that you learned that yet.

I-7
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM
So what is the real scoop on what happens to stolen ATVs? Do people keep them a put different VINs or just file them off? Dont they then have file the one off the motor and elsewhere? Do they get parted out? How is that? Just wondering. I never hear of anyone getting theirs back.

I protect mine by putting a padlock on the rear calipers; I got the idea from streetbike caliper locks (so they can't just push them away). I also chain them together with a cable lock and I do the same for my trailer by running a cable lock through the rear wheel and around the leaf spring. I padlock my garage doors too. I bet someone could still steal them if they want but that is only level one Mario, to get the princess they have to get past me with my guns and my home alarm....!!!!

So what do you think Sparky?

Well dont you think its up to the people stealing them what they want to do with them. Its not like they have to do a certain thing :huh . The kids will probably spray paint the plastics thinking thats enough to make it look different. People scratch the vins off, take em to the chop shops, sell them. I mean come on now what are you planning. People in El paso beware, citizenobody is coming for your quad.

My brothers 400ex was stolen 2 years ago. It was in the spring time and the idiots left marks in the grass from where the pushed it. We followed it into the woods and there it was, behind some apartment complex with the electrical system pulled out. They took a break and went to school, but when they came back to try to get it started again it was back in our hands :)

bulkdriverlp
03-04-2005, 07:49 PM
you can cable and padlock anything you want, somebody can walk up with bolt cutters and cut them off without any prob. i cut off a case-hardened lock before with bolt cutters, they were about 24" long and mangled the teeth on them but i got the lock off. :macho

Jay99400ex
03-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Most of the F***ers part em out on ebay... I know somewhere someplace my banshee parts are on some banshee, the cops had this evidence for me: 1.people admitted to stealing it 2. girlfriend actually rode with police and pointed out my house that they stole it from 3. they busted a junkyard with like 50 quads/bikes and like 20 cars, and a meth lab. I guess the guy running the yard was paying ppl in meth for stolen stuff, what did i get back? NOTHING mine supposedly was already "parted out" :scary: :mad:

citizennobody
03-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by I-7
People in El paso beware, citizenobody is coming for your quad.

Where do you live exactly, Guido?????

honduh440
03-04-2005, 10:12 PM
well if the locks will just get cut maybe we should take our grips off and hook up electrical dog fences to the handles bars and pegs

or maybe do like on the movie "saw" and hook up a trip wire that pulls the trigger on 5 shotguns abover their head

i think either one would do the job

440exnacsracer
03-04-2005, 10:56 PM
mine are pretty safe. they are in the box of a semi trailer and i use a special lock so you cant use bolt cutters. last time i lost my keys, i had to get the grinder out and hack at it:D

toby400ex
03-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Why would they have to get rid of the vin number. Have you ever seen an atv randomly get its vin checked? I keep mine in my bedroom, no one wants to go there, believe me.

gotlift
03-05-2005, 02:48 AM
mine were in a shipping container they just cut the where the lock went on the door. And took the Quads. thirty pounds of plate steel and half day of welding I feel a little better. The thing that sucks about it I missed them by about fifteen minutes according to the neighbor.

03-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
you can cable and padlock anything you want, somebody can walk up with bolt cutters and cut them off without any prob. i cut off a case-hardened lock before with bolt cutters, they were about 24" long and mangled the teeth on them but i got the lock off. :macho

just curious, have you ever tried to cut a cable lock? i lost the keys and it took me nearly 2 days of messing with it at 2 hours at a time.. i use half inch cables, which i dont care what kinda bolt cutter you have, your going to do nothing but spring your cutters.. i used a 48 inch pair and a hydraulic cutter and the 48 inch pair sprung, and the hydrualic blades snapped...

If somone wants to steal it bad enough they will and if they want to carry my bikes through the yard, over a fence, over a truck, without making noise and with spotlights all over the place, they can HAVE IT! but i highly doubt they would get too far.. ive never had a problem, but then again, i watch who knows what i have.. thats how most stuff gets stolen.. ie. your FRIEND tells there FRIEND and guess what, your bike is GONE.. and your friend and his friend are out riding it.. or you put a ad in the paper and you go and show it to somone and then the next day its gone..

95% of all thefts occur because the OWNER of the whatever is a IDIOT.

Jesse

alimdar2times
03-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Yay, I love to type! Yay! Quick, what's my post count?

KFX21
03-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Big400EX

thanks for the info..

Citizennobody is cool. He's just brutally honest sometimes and alot of people can't take it.

trick450r
03-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by KFX21
Citizennobody is cool. He's just brutally honest sometimes and alot of people can't take it.

yeah he is....im suprized you dont know what they do with this stuff citizennobody...with your backround in this sort of field and all.....:p

03-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Sweet Sweet Football....unh tappity tappity tap tap:D