PDA

View Full Version : quick question, 55 gal plastic barrel

quadrcr161
03-04-2005, 12:42 PM
hey, ive got a question about the 55 gall barrels that people carry water to the track in. where are people finding them? how much are they paying for them?
the reason i asked if i was looking for one last year. well i finally got one for myself, and my dad started picking up a few from work when they were through with them. now i have about 4 or 5 and will have maybe another one or two by the time the GA gnc national gets here.
should i convert them ready to hook up to the pressure washer and sell them at the national? or would it be worth my time? how muchs hould i charge if i sell them? i dont want to rip anyone off, but maybe recover a little of the parts from homedept and gas money carring them over there.

KEVIN132
03-04-2005, 07:59 PM
my question is my pressure washer needs hose presure to work. i dont no how people are getting theres to work without a water supply without pressure . by the way mine has a gas HONDA motor.:confused:

79400ex
03-04-2005, 08:24 PM
alot of racers at the teaxs 6 hr was using 55 gl. barrels hoooked up to them. they just laid them on there sides and had htem leveled a above the pressure washers.

quadrcr161
03-04-2005, 10:52 PM
the gas powered pressure washers use 2 gal or more a min, the electric ones use like 1.5 or less. with the drum draining into the pressure washer it will feed it good enough to get the quad washed off. the gas powered ones will just suck the drum dry real quick and can run a chance of damaging the valving inside it.

A4StrokeGuy
03-06-2005, 03:34 PM
i've been using a 55 gallon plastic drum for a few years. Make sure if you do this to put a ball valve on, not a regular valve, a ball valve will provide more flow. I use a gas powered washer and it works fine. I have also seen people put valve stems in them and pressurize the tank as the water goes down, i'll probably try that this year and see how it works, and on the barrells i get mine for free from a bevarage distributor, first few times the water was red from cherry juice