PDA

View Full Version : 300ex raptor shock????

Sprks450r04
03-04-2005, 11:52 AM
if i put a 01 raptor shock on my 300ex do i also need the shock linkage with the shock

beak7707
03-04-2005, 11:53 AM
NO all you need is the 01 shock itself. But it has to be an 01, none of the other years will work. I had one on my 300ex and it worked great, alot better than stock.

Sprks450r04
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
WHERE DO I MOUNT THE REZZIE

bradley300
03-04-2005, 02:33 PM
on the frame right in front of the battery. drop the shock down thru the frame and drape the hose over the framerail and wire tie it to the frame

Sprks450r04
03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
THAN XTHATS A BIG HELP

300ex#5
12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
how does it work i plan on getting one?

fastex91
12-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Only '01 raptor rear shocks will fit because of the rezzie placement on the newer ones correct? Why can't it be mounted upside down? The reason I ask is because I have already bought an '04 rear shock for my son's and was hoping to get it to work. Let me know.

hardkoratvmxr
12-28-2005, 04:49 PM
rezzie shocks arnt made to be mounted upside down due to the oil flow

8my_Cash
12-28-2005, 05:12 PM
i believe you can get it to work with some thinkin the all the shocks are the same but the 01 has a ressi so it bolts up the newer ones use the piggy back style and it hits the air box so if you take the air box out or modify an air box it should work.

but dont quote me on this :) its all just an assumption i made because of lookin at the new raptors.

i have the 01 shock and it works great

hopefully this has helped you to think of something creative to make it work. and hopefully it does.

300ex_#387
12-28-2005, 05:19 PM
tommorow I'll take a pic of where I mounted my rezzie and show you....it makes it a lot easier if you get the rezzie line where it needs to be before bolthing the shock up....sure wish I would ahve done that..

300ex_#387
12-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by fastex91
Only '01 raptor rear shocks will fit because of the rezzie placement on the newer ones correct? Why can't it be mounted upside down? The reason I ask is because I have already bought an '04 rear shock for my son's and was hoping to get it to work. Let me know.

Is your son going to be racing this summer? I might be racing against him if he is going to hit some of the fair races. Whats his name?

bwamos
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
rezzie shocks arnt made to be mounted upside down due to the oil flow

Mine's mounted upright (not a raptor shock).. but I was wondering (more out of ignorance than anything), why does it matter? Isn't the resivour nitrogren pressurized with a piston to seperate it and the oil? If so how does it affect the flow since it's pressurized and forced out during decompression?

fastex91
12-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeh my son will probably be at a few fair races next season. He'll be racing at Casey all season for sure. I'd say we'll be at Newton, and Flora for sure and we'll see about Olney, Albion and Fairfield.
As for making this 04' rear shock work, I'll figure something out. I don't want to have to buy another shock.

300ex_#387
12-29-2005, 01:42 PM
hey whats your sons name and how old is he?

fastex91
12-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Troy, and he's 13. I know he'll have to be 16 for some of those fair races, that's why we won't go to those, Like probably Olney. They are jerks about that age thing, the board members are afraid that their kids might get beat in front of the home town crowd. That's why Tyler Longbons didn't go this year.
What's your name, and are you going to race at Casey?

300ex_#387
12-29-2005, 02:29 PM
My name is Josh Stremme. I have thought about Casey, but it is kinda a long drive to do all the races...I will prolly race at booneville though. Ever heard of that? There supposed to have some nice races. Then it will prolly be fair races all summer. Next year I will give casey a couple tries maybe. What number is your son, I might run into him at some races.

300ex_#387
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Troy, and he's 13. I know he'll have to be 16 for some of those fair races, that's why we won't go to those, Like probably Olney. They are jerks about that age thing, the board members are afraid that their kids might get beat in front of the home town crowd. That's why Tyler Longbons didn't go this year.
What's your name, and are you going to race at Casey?

Yeah Olney are jerks about that. Really you can get by with it, but last year one of the other parents told on somone else is what happened. Got any pics of the 300 your kids running so I know what its gonna look like?

fastex91
12-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Actually no I don't have pictures, because he's only raced it twice, and it's torn down now. The motor is at Sparks & Sons and I'm getting the rest of the parts off to go to the powder coater.
Troy's raced the 90 class for the last couple of years and was just getting too big for it, but we had to wait for him to turn 13. This will be a learning year for sure. He did pull 2 holeshots though on it the last weekend that Casey raced. He rode it better than the 90. He just wasn't use to racing the whole track, they cut it for the 90's.
Casey isn't that far from Olney, you'll have to come up!

300ex_#387
12-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Actually no I don't have pictures, because he's only raced it twice, and it's torn down now. The motor is at Sparks & Sons and I'm getting the rest of the parts off to go to the powder coater.
Troy's raced the 90 class for the last couple of years and was just getting too big for it, but we had to wait for him to turn 13. This will be a learning year for sure. He did pull 2 holeshots though on it the last weekend that Casey raced. He rode it better than the 90. He just wasn't use to racing the whole track, they cut it for the 90's.
Casey isn't that far from Olney, you'll have to come up!

Its like 2 hours away isnt it...I might give it a try this year...I still have to finish mine though. Are you guys going to go to boonville though?

fastex91
12-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I doubt we go to Boonville because we'll be running Casey and Mason all the time. With my youngest racing a 50 bike, we race for dist. 17 points with him.

300ex_#387
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Alright well good luck, you might see me at a couple casey races, and if he races at the fairs i'm sure I will see him there.

bwamos
12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Mine's mounted upright (not a raptor shock).. but I was wondering (more out of ignorance than anything), why does it matter? Isn't the resivour nitrogren pressurized with a piston to seperate it and the oil? If so how does it affect the flow since it's pressurized and forced out during decompression?

Aww come on, I know someone can answer this.

I assume it makes no difference in the direction it faces, but someone may know more than I. I remember the old 250r' racers used to have the rear resiviour mounted on the main top rail of the frame above the motor with the hose on the downhill side.

Can anyone confirm or deny my logic? Thanks! I know what I know, and know what I don't know. This one, I don't know, but I would like to know.. lol.

300ex_#387
12-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I know what I know, and know what I don't know. This one, I don't know, but I would like to know.. lol.

Don't ever say that again....I think my heart skipped a beat while trying to read it...:huh