PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake problems

younggun95j
03-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Lately I've been having problems w/ my rear brakes holding pressure. I bleed them and get all the air out before the race, and by the end of the race my pedal has gone soft and I have hardly any rear brakes. I've just installed brand new pads, and Streamline Performance Brake lines in the rear, and I still have the same problem.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

younggun95j
03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
No one else has any kind of problem like this?

Splatter Matter
03-10-2005, 05:45 PM
your brake cylinder my need to be rebuilt.there are a couple of o rings that tend to wear

SRH
03-10-2005, 08:21 PM
ive had that problem since day one, it faded out by the end of a moto and i got nothing, im switching over to a 250r caliper anyway, **** that stock one

03-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by SRH
ive had that problem since day one, it faded out by the end of a moto and i got nothing, im switching over to a 250r caliper anyway, **** that stock one

I also has a similar problem. I rebuilt the mc, and bought SS brake lines. It's better but not great, and I to will be switching over either to the 250r caliper or I will try the YZF mc.

jlhughes750
03-11-2005, 10:49 AM
stock lines build up heat and the rubber expands....thats why they fade during the race... sometimes they'll stay that way afterwards, you'll bleed them then they do it again....thats why everyone switches to stealbraided brake lines!!!

younggun95j
03-14-2005, 06:54 PM
If you would have read the post a little better you would have known that I already have steel braided brake lines on.
I talked to Mike Cafro this weekend and he showed me a couple things I should try replacing so..thanks for the help.

ESrider
03-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Younggun,

What did Mike tell you to replace? I'm curious in case I start having this problem. Thanks.

daddio
03-15-2005, 07:03 AM
younggun........ our problem turned out to be that the caliper bracket was slightly bent and the pins that the caliper "floats" on, were dirty, causing the caliper to stick.