PDA

View Full Version : raptor bogging???

300exOH
03-04-2005, 07:49 AM
A friend of mine bought a 01 raptor recently and it was running fine until he parked it for a month or two this winter. He tried to start it on a cold day and it wouldn't fire at all. He was thinking that the choke wasn't working so he had his brother look at it. His bro put a new choke cable on and now it fires but it bogs really bad until you get near wide open throttle then it comes to life. I haven't looked at it yet but I was wondering if anyone can give me anywhere to start looking? As far as I know the quad is stock except having the spark arrestor removed. Could it be that the fuel varnished inside the carb? leaks in the intake? Anything else to look for?

Thanks for any help.

300exOH
03-07-2005, 08:15 AM
anyone?

YFZ450Ridr
03-08-2005, 01:56 PM
if it has been sitting for a few months then it could be bad gas, also might want to check the plug on it. you may not be getting a good spark.

Flynbryan19
03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Raptors are REAL well known for having the choke plunger get corroded and not want to move. Water gets in the cable and follows its way down to the plunger in the carb. Theres probably a bunch of crud and a bad/trashed spring in there. Take it out, replace the spring, and clean up the plunger. That should solve your problem. ;)

Oh, and like 250EX said...... Clean out the carb incase the gas has gummed up.

300exOH
03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Any other ideas?