PDA

View Full Version : fmf megamax II

05-06-2002, 04:01 PM
i was wondering how loud a fmf megamax 2 is with all the discs in??

CranMan
05-06-2002, 04:37 PM
I don't know what "all the discs " means. I have 8 in mine and it's pretty quiet, most other pipes are louder that I've heard...

300exryder
05-06-2002, 05:34 PM
I have a megamax on my 300 ex and i love it. With the spark arrestor and all of the discs on it it is very quiet compared to my old DG p.o.s. For one reason or another mine liked to get covered with black (carbon) and it was a pain to clean so i took all the discs and spark arrestor out and i like the sound and power increase. i would recommend running it without the spark arrestor and discs. My paremts wanted me to get rid of the dg because of the noise and the megamax was the solution -- i had it on my warrior and it was very quiet (compared to the other exhaust systems)

05-06-2002, 05:49 PM
what i mean by "running all the discs" is by using all the discs the pipe came with in the package. i was using all the discs and a silencer. but just recently i took the silencer out and now iam running just discs. i was just wondering what the decible level was on the megamax...

05-06-2002, 05:57 PM
oh yeah by the way 300exryder....i read your other post about how your pipe is a megamax 2, but on the side of the decal it only says fmf megamax. well mine is the exact same way! i ordered a megamax 2, and the box said megamax 2...but the pipe doesnt have a 2 on it!! ours just might be a year's older model or something...let me know if you find out anything about it!!

jaywoodsrider
05-06-2002, 05:58 PM
I think it is 96 db without the disks. It is really loud and can be heard from miles away, i love a fourwheeler that makes noise.

frogburner
05-16-2002, 07:35 PM
You probably have your pipe by now, but i run 9 discs in mine. its not to bad at all... if your lugging just a bit in too high a gear it tends to have a little louder tone, but i like mine... My cousin has a Raptor with the FMF powercore 4 and his is real loud compared to mine....

06-14-2002, 08:04 AM
I dont run any discs on mine & it seems to have more power but then again I like people to KNOW that I am riding!

06-14-2002, 08:37 AM
on my 250x I ran 8 discs with the quiet core, it was very quiet and still broiught in power