PDA

View Full Version : 300ex shipping

skatrdude20
03-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, I think there is a guy buying my 300ex from Texas, I am in Ohio and I`ll have to ship. I don`t know much about who to contact to ship, or how to do it, or if I have to crate it, or take my bike apart...any info would help...thanks everyone

Aceman
03-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Measure how wide your quad is and see if it will fit in a Forward Air container. www.forwardair.com. If it's too wide for one of their containers, chances are your going to have to build a crate for it.

skatrdude20
03-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I dont really understand how all that, do u have an Idea of how much it would be to crate and ship a 300ex...and who to do it through, that company seems kinda confusing....

Aceman
03-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Just click on the motorcycle on the left side of the screen. On the next page click on the check rates button. Then fill out your info. You have to drop it off at one of their locations though which is usually next to a major city or airport. Those are listed under LOCATIONS at the top of the screen. It's really simple and should give you an idea of the cost. I just looked and their crates are 44.5 inches wide, probably to small for a 300ex. But you can still get a quote for your own homemade crate.

416exmx
03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
$300-$350 should ship it. All you really have to do for a crate is just build a bottom pallet and just rachet strap it to the pallet. For the best rates, go to www.freightquote.com .

Some companys will crate it for you, load it, unload it and do everything (pretty pricey though)... or like aceman said, some will furnish a container(usualy $50 higher though)