PDA

View Full Version : getting 400ex tomorrow

05-06-2002, 02:49 PM
giving up the ported banshee tomorrow for a 400ex(and $1500.00).banshee puts out 62hp at the rear wheels with the porting and 34mm pj carbs.i guess i`m just getting old but i want something more family oriented.i`ve ridden stock ex`s and they seem to be slow. the one i`m getting has:edelbrock carb,duncan pipe(same as dmc)wb cdi,air box removed with k&n, what kind of power can i expect out this ride?(hp) what will a cam,head work porting,bore 416 or 440? do for it.would be happy to keep up with the piped shees.i hope i am not making a mistake that will make me regret getting a 400.i know it will never even come close to the ported banshee(actually not much did)but what would make for a reliable "fast" bike? i ride mostly dunes and drag. it already is a lot faster than the all the stock and piped 400`s in our group but it is still slow to me. but on the other hand handles like a champ,no more mixing oil,push button start!,honda reliability,and i probably won`t die if i crash it,cheaper to operate,less maintenance,and can now ride with my 8 y.o. son on his lt80. :confused: thanx fellas and BTW nice site(the banshee guys hate me now):rolleyes:

yellowrider
05-06-2002, 04:40 PM
ouch a banshee guy moving down to a 400ex?? sweet

anyhow my buddy has a 2002 banshee and i get on it and i am thrilled its awesome but to much wheel spin on loose stuff and the 400ex can pretty much keep right up with it .. and all the mods it should be decent i have beat a 2 banshees before we both have bald tires though..

you can lug the 400ex on hills which is a good thing
you can jump wiht the 400ex
you can go throw water with it
you can get hot girls with it to cause we all know girls like the 400 and hate the banshee cause stock they are some ugly machines almost as bad as the canindale.... i like the fx better...

oh by t he way why not just get the raptor?? you are a yama guy i thought all you all cared about was power
oh well take it easy :cool

i woudl get the 400ex
its the best or less you are going completly straight

05-06-2002, 08:29 PM
i wouldn`t say it`s ugly. here`s a pic: http://www.bansheehq.com/index.cfm?link=gallerypic.cfm&id=209
i`ve been trying to get a raptor for it. no go?:confused: so i will settle for the EX they are really nice bikes just a little on the slow side for most people. as far as jumping the shee i`ve skyed off of 20ft razers.:eek: in the dunes. it seems like i had more fun though when it was a stocker with just pipes.now when the pipe hits it tries to rip you off the seat. really scary when doin technical stuff or whoops. i`ve been king of the hill at the drags several times :D and would like to have some decent power is that feasable on a 400ex?:confused: