PDA

View Full Version : Turbo a 450r or CBR???

xsr_racing28c
03-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I have a spare 18G EVO turbo layin around, and was maybe thinkin about doing some kind of crazy turbo action to either my 450r or my F4i... This is a pretty big turbo, but i really wanna mount it up on something and throw like 3-5 lbs of boost through it and see what kinda power comes outta it... i was gonna go buy a smaller intercooler and i have stock piping that can be cut and fitted to the turbo and intercooler, but what do you all think !!! LOl... i got the idea yesterday, but don't know if its do-able..hhaah,, idk i know there are turbo kits for both of these, but an 18G on a quad or rocket, now that would be sweet!!!

nemesis
03-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Do you think a 450R could spool a 18g? If it does, it will suffer severely from turbo lag. I would just go and find the cheapest fuel injected car you can and boost it. I would do that if I had a spare turbo and intercooler laying around.

xsr_racing28c
03-03-2005, 03:19 PM
lol.. i was thinkin the same thing... idk, i was just thinkin about getting an older galant vr4 or something, and making it into an Evolution 3 or 5... thatd be tight