PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder CDI

boystoys
03-03-2005, 02:15 PM
well from what i understand is that GT Thunder makes 2 kinds of CDI for the 400ex and aggresive and a mild one... any imput on either... i like getting the most for my money, but yet i hear that with the agressive cdi it idles really funny...

anyone know the power differances between the two...

if it maters i am running stock motor, stock head pipe (not for long:HMF) HMF slip on, uni filter and the little white bro's filtered plugs on the top of my air box....

ghak99
03-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Send an email and ask Laz himself. No one would know better than he. I am sure he could help you out on the differences between the two.

cals400ex
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
you are right with your info. i run the aggressive box and my buddy runs the mild one. i haven't driven his bike yet so i don't know how it runs compared to mine. the agressive one improves throttle response by a lot. the idle is a bit irratic though. i can still start my bike in winter, but it won't idle when it is cold.

from what i hear, the mild box idles perfect. i would assume the throttle response would be greater with this than the stock CDI box. if you want a little smoother idle, get the mild one. if you want a little more power, go with the aggressive curve.

boystoys
03-04-2005, 04:26 PM
you say it idles irratic, will it stay running at idle in the early morning whaen its around 40degrees? thats really all i am worried about...

cals400ex
03-04-2005, 06:07 PM
mine won't when i first start it. after you hold the gas a little above idle for a minute or two, it is fine. when it warms up it is fine also. you can still hear that the idle isn't perfectly smooth even when its fully warm but laz said that is the nature of the agressive box.

drewdawg88t
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
whats the price tag on the aggressive box? anyone know?

cals400ex
03-05-2005, 12:54 AM
i paid $125 for each of them.

boystoys
03-05-2005, 05:03 AM
such a hard decision..... :-(

wish more people would chime in....

wheeltrax
03-05-2005, 11:18 AM
does the aggressive box make a noticeable increase over the stock CDI?

cals400ex
03-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
does the aggressive box make a noticeable increase over the stock CDI?

in throttle response, yes. i can't tell in power because i am constantly above the stock rev limit when drag racing. i hit the stock rev limiter in the first 3 gears everytime, and i have hit the limit in 4th before too when i drag.