PDA

View Full Version : kill switch help

ny300exrider
03-03-2005, 02:06 PM
i read lukesters post in the faq forum over at trx450.org and its very helpful but i need to ask some questions about it. I'm running a pro design kill WITH the key still in. Since there is no pictures for the part about doing it with the key left on i need some help. I traced the wires from the on off to the white connecter and disconnected the end. This is where i am at right now. I see the black wire with white tracer but im not sure how i should splice into it. The wire has the half of the connecter attached to it, do i cut the wire off at the end removing it from the switch, then tie it into the kill? or is there a better way to splice into it. Im not going to cut anything until im positive on what to do. any help is appreicated. Basically i just want to know how and where on the black/white wire can i connect it with the kill wire. also one last question, the other wire from the kill goes to a ground. what is the best way to ground the wire without using solder. Should i run it through a bolt into the frame? any help is GREAT

Thanks!

ny300exrider
03-03-2005, 05:29 PM
bump:confused:

wvspeedfreak
03-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Leave the wire connected.Just strip a little insulation back and solder your killswitch wire into it,then heatsrink it or wrap it with electrical tape.For the ground wire just attatch it to a nearby bolt that threads into the frame.Hope this helps.

ny300exrider
03-03-2005, 06:52 PM
thanks alot, i looked into it and that is the same process i am doing except i dont have access to a solder gun so i am just going to splice it real good and wrap it up tight

ill leave the thread instead of deleting it just incase someone else has the same problem