PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on a pipe/headers??

DeerNuts
03-03-2005, 10:22 AM
There is a Hetrix exhaust w/ headers up for auction on E-bay. Apparently Hetrix is the company that makes LRD, or is it the other way around? Im not even sure on that, because the pipe has "RPM" on it. Anyway, the muffler has been cut 2" and then the end cap was put back on of course. I think it is still legal for us here, but Im not sure now what Db it will put out:confused:
Probably fairly loud:D
Anyway, the auction started up with a bid for $100. There is no reserve, and now the bids are up to around 150 with 3 days left.
I contacted the seller, and he is willing to sell it to me right now for $250. Im thinking thats a great price on a FULL used exhaust system, but I also think that it would be smarter to let the auction play out and try to win it. If i try to win it that way, my top price would have to be no more than that, after all it is used.
There are lots of pics of it, and there appears to be no cracks in it or rust on the pipe. Appears to be a year or two old at the most.

Would you all recommend getting it.? Also, would it be smarter to pay the guy $250 for it so I could GUARANTEED get it, or just try to win the auction? Thanks.

BTW, I'd post a link to it, but the less competition for it, the better.;) I really need an exhaust system for the 400ex, and this seems like a good deal.

Bush0102
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
for 250, call HMF and get yourself a pipe and have it powdercoated the color of your choice. If you're not racing there's really no need for a full system

www.hmfengineering.com
1-866-HMF-PIPE

rippin2
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I second that..i got a hmf on my dale..they sound nice and loud:devil:

DeerNuts
03-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys, but I still think Ill try to win it.
Good point about just having a muffler and getting it powdercoated, it would look sweet.