PDA

View Full Version : 300 EX fuel filter problems!

Trevor
03-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I have a 2002 300ex and a few months ago it was acting like it was not getting enough fuel. so I tolck the carb all apart and it seemed nice and clean so I checked the filter at the bottom of the tank that is in the fuel shut off. The filter was filled with alot of crap so I cleaned it out and drained the tank put new gas in it. The bike worked awsome for 4 of 5 runs but now it's doing the same thing but I havn't checked the screan filter yet. Is this a common problem or dose anyone have any ideas what could be going on or what I could do?

99_300ex
03-03-2005, 03:59 PM
My 300 has never clogged up but wat it from the same gas can if so maybe there is dirt in the bottom of that can check that and keep up on the info.

Trevor
03-03-2005, 05:21 PM
no it's not that because I bought a new jug and filled it up with supreme! Is there an after market filter that may not clog as easy as the stock one !

03-03-2005, 05:37 PM
got trash in your tank? you want somthing that filters good, you dont want somthing that "doesnt clog as easy" id rather pull apart a filter than pull apart a motor ANYDAY

Jesse

Trevor
03-04-2005, 05:29 AM
That is true it's just that this is a pain in the ***!

Trevor
03-07-2005, 06:19 AM
checked the filter and it was fine so i went out on a runb this weekend and the bike worked fine. the only thing we could think of was that the carb was icing up. It was like 10 below last time we were out. This time I put gas line anti freez in and she worked perfect all day!