PDA

View Full Version : FMF Megamax

300exryder
05-06-2002, 12:35 PM
I have a question for all those who have purchased a FMF Megamax II exhaust system......... The box says Megamaxx II but the decal on the side of the pipe just says megamax...what is up with that?? And also the header...is it supposed to turn colors?? Mine is purple and blue with yellow where it starts to straighten out after the curve. Thanx

300exryder
05-06-2002, 05:29 PM
I take it no one has a megamax here??

jaywoodsrider
05-06-2002, 05:41 PM
My header did the same thing, I think it is normal.

05-06-2002, 06:05 PM
my megamax 2 is the same way..it said megamax 2 on the box but on the decal on the pipe it only says fmf megamax. im confused..but from what i think we just have an older model...like from last year or whatever, even though i ordered mine from this past christmas. i dunno.

05-06-2002, 08:13 PM
i dunno man...my Megamax II says "Megamax II" right on the side of it. Maybe they screwed up and put the first magamax in there. as for the color you were talking about mine has stayed the chrome color...there has been no change in color yet. something is definately different. that's just my $0.02

crazy

300EX
05-06-2002, 08:53 PM
Mine says "Megamax II" on the side and the pipe is steal color, but I bought my 300EX like that so I don't know what it looked like right after, but that is normal for it to change colors.

R-Crazy
05-06-2002, 10:12 PM
my megamax II says megamax on it. o well, but it is normal for it to change color. you can buy this stuff from KREEM that is supposed to get rid of the blueing, dont know if it works though.

dave

Red Rooster
05-07-2002, 05:34 AM
I don't remember if my pipe said Megamax II or not?! lol Pretty shure it did. the decal washed off and I just flipped the sliencer over. My pipe turned blue too, but its not blue any more.

300exryder
05-07-2002, 02:18 PM
How is your pipe not blue anymore? Someone that i ride with said that it is because the pipe is chrome that it turns colors and he said it was permanent. Dave, do you know of the website for the Kreem that can take the blue out or prevent it??