PDA

View Full Version : plastics question

GreenBuds420
03-03-2005, 06:28 AM
hey whats up i have a 2001 yellow 400ex i want to change all the plastics on it but i want to keep the lights can someone please show me a pic of new plastics with stock lights in them?? thank you

44oEX
03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
I don't have any pics but you can get maier plastic with the stock lights.

aviator4
03-03-2005, 09:28 AM
From what I've heard, Maier plastics are difficult to get installed. and the fittment is really poor.

I have the option of getting ANY aftermarket plastics out there without spending a single dime and chose to buy new stock plastics for this EXACT reason. No one else makes aftermarket plastics with the headlight option anymore.

If you want to keep your lights, keep the stock plastics.

44oEX
03-03-2005, 09:30 AM
the maier are not perfect but if you want to change colour. there are still a good choice. it might take a couple minutes to install but the rest of still good quality.

aviator4
03-03-2005, 09:33 AM
This is true. You're options are limited if you want to change color and the Maier plastics would be the only choice then.

I've just never had any luck with the Maier plastics, so I guess I am kinda "skewed" in my opinions.

I have had success with Fullbore, but they don't make plastics witht he light in the anymore (otherwise, I would have purchased them)

GreenBuds420
03-03-2005, 11:54 AM
ok so if i get the maier plastics what is a good lighting system?Something fairly easy to install

aviator4
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
The Maier plastics will accept (and I use that term loosely) the stock headlights.

If you go with a non-headlight plastic, I would recommend the Trailtech lights. Their new HID system is really sweet, but it's hard to get a hold of.

I use their 20 Watt bullet lights to suppliment the stock headlights. They are as bright as can be!