PDA

View Full Version : Checking jetting?

screaminta
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I have a quick question for you all.. I want to check the jetting on the 86 R i just bought. I was wondering if i can put the quad on stands and do plugs chops that way or does the engine have to be under a load? I was wondering this because the only way that I will be able to actually make test runs (8 sec at WOT) will be where I am going to ride, and I was hoping to get the jetting all set before then. Currently, I am pretty near sea level (around 120 above) an i have have a paulturner pipe and silencer, v-force reeds, and open air box with k&n and outerwears. The needle is on the 4th (second from bottom) witha 152 main. I bought a 155 and 160 main to start. do you guys think that I should put the 160 in and start from there? (sorry bout the long post) thanks

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Do it under a load, thats how your motors gonna run w/ you on it and riding it;)

pismoracer
03-03-2005, 01:20 PM
152 is stock, if you have a pipe, i would def go to a 160, 155. the idea is start rich work your way down. 152 is what you would run on a stock motor not one with what you got going.