PDA

View Full Version : 2 strokes??

rippen_honda400
03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
hey, i've been hearing during the past year or so that the motor corporations, suchs as yamaha, and suzuki that their gonna stop making two strokes of all types of motors!! is this true?? I have a really strong opinion that they shouldn't. The motor corperations are making a lot of money with the 2 strokes motors. Is it the government that wants them to stop or all the tree huggers in the world?? sorry for saying that but whats going on????????

kruzofman
03-02-2005, 09:56 PM
no, man there gonna quite making them becousse of the polution that 2srokes make, i think its f0ck1ng bull $hitt

rippen_honda400
03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
DAM TREE HUGGERS

Quad18star
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by kruzofman
no, man there gonna quite making them becousse of the polution that 2srokes make, i think its f0ck1ng bull $hitt

You're right , it is because of pollution ... but I don't think it's BS .

They can get just as much or not more power out of a 4 stroke now days , as they can out of a 2 stroke . Sure it might cost more with a 4 stroke ... but do you want your kids and their kids to be able to actually live in this world without frying to death cuz of a damaged Ozone??

03-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by kruzofman

www.dictionary.com

jesus man use that link

they're
quit
because
pollution
and the swears:huh

fasterblaster09
03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
all i knwo is im going stock up on parts incase something breaks on mine after they stop making them

dunnonuttin
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
all i know is that the 2 strokes were gettin raped at arena cross saturday night:eek2:

03-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
all i knwo is im going stock up on parts incase something breaks on mine after they stop making them

you know nothing..

But i will clue you in. If you knew about the 2 stroke bill, and what all was involved, you would know that these company's must keep parts around for at least 10 years, after the 10 years they can do what they want, but that is how it is goin down.

And as for rippen_honda, there is a button called "search" at the top and there is a multiple page thread on this very same subject that you will find.. maybe you should check it out and have all your questions answered.

Jesse

2002400ex
03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by sEX
www.dictionary.com

jesus man use that link

they're
quit
because
pollution
and the swears:huh
He mispelled ''stroke'' too.

mx3mom
03-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dunnonuttin
all i know is that the 2 strokes were gettin raped at arena cross saturday night:eek2:
Don't know where you run at, but at Earlywines with Atv's the two strokes are kicking ***.

Hon300ex
03-03-2005, 06:25 PM
ik they are goin to stop making 2 strokes but i heard that it was all 2 strokes with more the 150cc's. is that true? it kinda makes sense cuase little weed wackers and stuff are 2 strokes so what are they gonna do with those?

86350x
03-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
You're right , it is because of pollution ... but I don't think it's BS .

They can get just as much or not more power out of a 4 stroke now days , as they can out of a 2 stroke . Sure it might cost more with a 4 stroke ... but do you want your kids and their kids to be able to actually live in this world without frying to death cuz of a damaged Ozone??

During the emitions challenge (young future snowmobile engineers usa/canada) made a zrt 600 have less pollutants then a 4-stroke. It can be done. And polaris, and skidoo are getting it done. It could be done on 4-wheelers also.

A city bus makes more pollution then 100 banshee's do. I think it is b.s.

I love my 426, but when rebuild time comes along, its going to be expensive.

Bush0102
03-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
ik they are goin to stop making 2 strokes but i heard that it was all 2 strokes with more the 150cc's. is that true? it kinda makes sense cuase little weed wackers and stuff are 2 strokes so what are they gonna do with those?

Well last year the brand of weedeater my company uses came out with lower emission 2-strokes that meet government regulations. They're really bulky and heavier.

A lot of manufacturers allready make 4 stroke weedeaters, i'm pretty sure the 2 strokes will eventually be banned.

gimp419
03-04-2005, 08:49 AM
what's next Diesel trucks? Our 2-stroke quads and bikes don't amount to a hill of beans as far as pollution goes. And neither do weedeaters or chainsaws etc... It's just easier to pick on the little guys and lets face it, that is us!

Oh and I'll take on any 4-stroke in Arenacross, especially when I get my 350PV on :D

trick250r
03-04-2005, 09:34 AM
ive ridden both and im my opinion the 2 stroke is better. you can do more to them for less money. its just the E.P.A. messing with $hit that they dont need to. like gimp14 said, the trucks make more pollution than we do. the track that we have around here is out in the middle of a field that a farmer has and his neighbors complain about the dust. he waters the track enough so there is no dust during the races and practices but his neighbors are
f0ck!ing tree huggers so they called the E.P.A. now they might shut down the track. the E.P.A. needs to worry about more important things besides quads

Jake250ex
03-04-2005, 09:38 AM
sorry to tell you guys but....

250 2 strokes still DOMINATE in the bike class

ther is a place for 2 strokes... and it is here. Quads need some modern 2 stroke production quads(yz250 motor in yfz frame, cr250 motor in 450r frame)

MotoX3
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex

ther is a place for 2 strokes... and it is here. Quads need some modern 2 stroke production quads(yz250 motor in yfz frame, cr250 motor in 450r frame)
actually....the 2 strokes dont really DOMINATE the bike classes.....RC and CR are just chocked full of talent...:macho :blah:

Scott-300ex
03-04-2005, 05:21 PM
they've been saying this for 5 years that the law is coming out "This year" that will ban 2-strokes

I don't beilieve it anymore cuz they never do it

WOracing
03-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by dunnonuttin

werd brotha:bandit: 4 strokes turn in faster lap times its proven:eek:

WOracing
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex

last i checked carmichael was doing pretty well on his RMZ-450 int he 250 class;)

Mxjunkie
03-04-2005, 05:56 PM
I love 2 strokes, I'm pissed off about the ban, but oh well it kinda made the companys produce the 450s so I guess it has its good and bads. I still miss seeing 250rs racing in the pro class :(

WOracing
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
still its not like 2 strokes will be gone.. like theyre going to amke you get rid of yours as soon as that hits. you wills till be able to ride them you just wont be able to buy them anymore. i think 2 strokes are fun, i ride my freinds yz125 all the time in the summer.. i can only imagine a 4 stroke 250 now:devil:

deathman53
03-04-2005, 08:43 PM
2 strokes will never go away, 20 years ago, they banned trikes, tons are still around and riding everyday. think of how many atc's that were make in comparism to banchees......far more banchees, then you have the trx250r's, susuki quadracers, kawi tecate 4's, most mx bikes up to 99 were 2 strokes, a good percentage of mx bikes are still 2 stroke, thats a huge number of 2 strokes around and they won't go away anytime soon. They have been talking about the bann of 2 strokes since 1990 and now I think they will be phased out of racing, not outright banned, well unlike racing 250r's in gncc, they were outright banned. I can't see the factories being able to sell the "new fangled 450's" if they are getting beaten by a 20 year old bike design.

Screamin440
03-05-2005, 06:57 AM
I'll help clear up a few things that are being mis-interpreted in this thread. They cannot stop you from riding your 2 strokes. They cannot prevent aftermarket companies from producing 2 stroke parts. All they are saying is that the manufacturers cannot produce any NEW 2 strokes.

Diesels produce less emissions causing the greenhouse effect than 4 stroke gasoline engines. 4 strokes produce less emissions than your typical 2 stroke engines. 2 strokes burn oil in their fuel mixture. The unburnt oil comes out the tailpipe and goes into the ground. Eventually that oil gets into the water table and effects a lot of living organisms(including us).

Stop and think about it... can you guys imagine what the 2 stroke wave runners do? That oil goes STRAIGHT into the water without being filtered by the dirt. Tell me there is no ecological impact from that. Let a few thousand fish get effected by that consumed oil and everything on up the food chain is effected.

I'm no tree hugger by any means but I do try and respect mother nature and I try to do as little harm to the enviroment as I can without going out of my way. People really need to start taking responsibility for their actions or this whole planet is going to be in a world of hurt shortly.

bulkdriverlp
03-05-2005, 07:12 AM
when i drive by and see these outdoor wood furnaces i wonder why they are banning 2-strokes, ever see the smoke that chucks out of those things?lol