PDA

View Full Version : just a question

Doober
03-02-2005, 09:36 PM
what do you think the most important aftermarket part is to put on a stock yfz?

Syrus
03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
pipe?

Quad18star
03-02-2005, 09:58 PM
It goes like this ..... if you are going to do any jumping ... I mean any at all , add nerf bars first .

#2 . I'd say handlebars , cuz if you are standing up to ride , your back is gunna be shot from having to lean over too much .

#3 . Tether cord

#4 . Pipe

#5 . Chain roller relocator

#6 . Decompressing plug .

YFZ450man
03-03-2005, 07:09 AM
You will love your bike even more if you do the following.
Cam Advance
Pipe
K@N air filter (with your lid off)
When all of this is done you will need to rejet your bike. You will feel a complete differnce from stock.

sampleez
03-03-2005, 11:23 AM
you don't advance the cam, you retard the timing on the exhaust cam.

and don't worry about the decompression plug if you get an '05

and make sure to rejet if you do anything to the motor, even if you just take the air box lid off and take the baffle out.

look into the different intake kits, like esr, woods, pro-design, alba, etc... cause there supposed to be better than just an air filter

AshYFZ450
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
1. Decompression plug if it is an 04. ($20)
I lost mine in the middle of the dunes on a week long trip. One of the guys I was riding with had an extra. (Thanks Levi)

2. Paddles($160-$220 with rims) If you ride dunes

3. Shock covers (esp. if you ride in sand)$45 to protect your investment.

4. Pipe ($250-$600) / Filter & intake ($100) / Cam Mod(Free) / Rejet ($15)/ ( I would do this all at once to save time on rejetting ) also you can save money by just buying the indivdual jets instead of a jet kit.
a. Fuel screw. Zipty and several other companies make a long screw that you can adjust without turning the carb. ($20)

5. Nurf bars ($160?)( its nasty to watch those guys get caught up in there back tire and go fliping along with there quad )

6. Bars / Stem ($320)(the stock stuff bends real easy and can end a long weekend trip with a quickness)

7. Lights ($304)( lets face it, our stock lights look cool but leave a lot to be desired for night riding ) I recommend Trail Tech MR-11 HIDs. You can run them with your stock lights and stator.

Just my opinions based on the kind of riding I do. (Desert / Dunes / Trails in that order)