PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Player ... Need Your Help !!

Quad18star
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Alright ... I'm clueless when it comes to guitars , but I want to learn how to play . I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar ( maybe an electric acoustic) ... what are good brand names or what would be a good guitar to learn on . I don't want to spend an arm and a leg ... I just want soemthing to learn and if I like it , I can always upgrade to something better . What would be a good price and what are things to look out for ??

Any help is going to be much appreciated , cuz I'm clueless with all this stuff . I've seen guitars priced from $50 to $5000 . :confused:

Quad18star
03-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I guess I'm not the only one that isn't musically talented !?!?!?!

Pvt. Maggot
03-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Fender...heh...

If you don't wanna spend alot...Go to wal-mart..and see if they have First-Act acoustic electrics there...I have played them...and they actually sound good...

I play 2 custom guitars...So I guess cheap isn't in my nature...I play a Custom 1985 Fender Strat and a Custom Washburn...Both GREAT guitars...look into those..you'll find something you'll like..Learning on electric is easier..but if you want to learn more skill wise..acoustic is the way to go...alot harder to play starting out..Good luck!

FoxRacing81
03-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Fender is always a good brand....

although I prefer electric myself.

I have a bc-rich warlock, ibanez (i cant remember it right now), and some kind of dean thats a replica fender strat.

If you can, pick up a nice fender or epiphone.

03-02-2005, 10:21 PM
a fender or a samick is good for a beginner;)

Quad18star
03-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys ..... I might go around to the local guitar places or Hockshops and see what they have . :p

honduh440
03-02-2005, 11:20 PM
is their a certain reason why you want an accoustic? i like them a lot too but they are much harder to learn on rather then a electric.

i would personally suggest getting a squire it is a fender and terrific guitars. and dont forget to get a auto tuner

Mxjunkie
03-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Id look into an amp too, an accoustic is harder to learn because the neck is thicker, making it harder for your fingers to get to the strings, while the electric guitar has a narrow one :)

440ex2001
03-03-2005, 01:51 AM
I learned on an acoustic. The hard way :) but it got my fingers stronger and tougher alot faster. If you want a great acoustic there is only one you should consider MARTIN. I got my D-16 for 800 new. Its kinda pricey but youll never get tired of it and want to move to something else. As for electric I'd say get a good ol fender tele or strat. I've got a beautiful tele that i never play anymore still with box etc if your interested let me know. Just in case your wondering what a tele is its the kinda guitar Brad Paisley plays. A strat is what clapton plays.

Angus350
03-03-2005, 03:18 AM
fender is good but also look at ibanez

if you want to learn properly and the hard way get an accoutic first then an electric later on. i started on a accoustic then got an eletric when i was ready, i now have an ibanez guitar , zoom amp and just got a digitech rp80 effects pedal.

KFX21
03-03-2005, 04:13 AM
ESP,Gibson, Fender, Yamaha, B.C. Rich, Ibanez, Gretch, and there are 100's of others. I myself don't like an Ibanez, or some of the Gibson's. I have a ESP Kirk Hammett sig. series. i also have a Yamaha RGT, and an ESP LTD. As you can tell i like ESP's. My suggestion would be to by a starter kit, i know Wahburn and Yamaha both sell kits. They come with the guitar, small amp, tuner, stand, gig bag, cords, and a learn to read music book. They are usually priced around $200 to $300, you can get them at Sam's Club.

Quad18star
03-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Thanks once again for all the replies . I'm gunna have to do some searching now . :D

ledofthezep
03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Look into a Guild and/or Taylor. Trust me...;)