PDA

View Full Version : cfm aluminum airbox

rubiowner01
03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
So what does everyone think about the CFM aluminum airbox? I am looking into purchasing one. Also, where is a good place to pick one up? Thanks...

TORO1968
03-03-2005, 05:05 PM
I think this is one of the best aftermarket airboxes you can get. It is also the only one you can get with a lid.

CFM sells these on Ebay, or you might be able to order directly from them.

-Jordan :)

nelson440
03-03-2005, 09:13 PM
yea i definitely get the aluminum airbox..especially if u ride hard or race...i had stock one and i race mx and needless to say i got rear ended and my box got busted up...so the aluminum one will be much stronger

rubiowner01
03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Seems like a great idea to have the electrical stuff in the airbox, keep it alot cleaner.

ZSK
03-05-2005, 11:15 AM
All of CFM's products are great. Oil tank, Tie rods, Airboxes, very very good fit and finish. Neal deffinately knows how to weld!!!! Visit their website www.cfmracing.com email them or give them a call they will be more than happy to deal with you. Order directly through them. The service is almost unmatched.;)

2MuchChi450R
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Anyone have to do any relocating or drilling to make it fit? Also, does the tab on the rear fit behind or in front of the seat latch? Bought one off of ebay and no instructions or pics of it mounted :rolleyes:

Lethalhonda2
04-29-2006, 07:22 PM
I have one on my 400ex.I have had pretty good luck with mine.I really liked the idea of the airbox lid and all of the electrical components not being exposed to the elements. I had to have the back mounting plate made out of heavier aluminum, the original one was pretty thin and kept bending. And its a much more cramped inside the airbox with your battery and wiring.I would call Neal he is a great person to deal with.

atvracer980
04-30-2006, 08:11 AM
My first aluminum air box was a CFM- about 6 yrs ago, I broke the side tabs off twice rom casual rideing and jumping, I felt it needed to be stronger on all the stress points- 3 years ago I decided to try a aluminum box from InsanePerformance and used it on my xc quad- I havent had any issues or breakages from this box. The box will run about $115.00 w/ a lid. I had to purchase a different K & N filter that would fit in the box w/ everything else. CFM is a good product but for the less expense, the InsanePerformance box is a better buy and you can purchase them off ebay.

400exrider0004
04-30-2006, 11:32 AM
I have a CFM on my 400ex. So far it has been fine except for some grounding issues but other than that its held up. The installation was a pain in the *** though!! Tons of custom work. But in the end I think it was worth it.

400exrider0004
04-30-2006, 11:45 AM
i also PMed you

AbnMP13
01-15-2007, 07:42 AM
If you get one without the lid, what do you use as a lid?

I've got a K&N lid but want to move the battery inside the airbox but I can't ride without something covering the box.