PDA

View Full Version : which iz faster???

JKWGA400EX
03-02-2005, 09:05 PM
the 450r,yfz450,or the raptor.1st which has better takeoff,and which has the best top speed?

thanks

jared

Jay99400ex
03-02-2005, 09:09 PM
If you throw them all off a cliff the y will all hit the bottom at the same time :devil:

mikes450r
03-02-2005, 09:11 PM
the raptor is the fastest cause it has a 660cc motor..:devil:

Eddiesanders250
03-02-2005, 09:27 PM
how fast will the craptor go??

YFZ450Ridr
03-02-2005, 09:31 PM
the raptor is the fastest but it takes a long time to reach its top speed. in a short drag it would be between the 450r and yfz but in a long drag the rappy would take it.

National#6
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Off the line the yfz with the trx fight behind it, the raptor will be right there to if you can keep the front end down enough to keep the gas on, once you hit 60 mph the yfz is done, shift the trx into 5 and walk away, because the trx will get the jump on the raptor off the line, you will not have to worry about it any more, they are about the same on the top end.

fearthis_450r
03-03-2005, 06:47 AM
I would have to disagree. I raced a yfz and a raptor down a really long flat road. I got the beat both them off the line and they never passed me. We then switched riders and did it again and it was the same out come. #1 450r, #2 yfz, #3 raptor

jeepeater347
03-03-2005, 08:57 AM
It all comes down to rider between the TRX and YFZ.

Raptorride
03-03-2005, 09:06 AM
I believe the raptor does have the higher top speed. Other than that its mostly rider and gearing. It really hard to keep the raptor down due to the short swingarm and gobs of torque. My raptor was never totaly stock when i got it but im pretty sure it would take a stock r. Fearthis450 is who i ride with all the time and we havent really raced but a few time at haspin where he would win (on dirt) and i never really started in secongd against him. We have raced a few times on pavement and it has gone both ways more time than not my fav on pavement. Now he has a stage two cam i think it helped it quite a bit. We will prolly race again when i am done with my motor mods which should be sometime in May. Actually neither of us have raced since we got our pipes.

spincr4hire
03-03-2005, 09:27 AM
who cares, if you want to debate on whats faster, go to http://www.atvtime.com

those idiots will argue with you all day

seamonster
03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I have owned the yfz and the trx and the yfz certainly FEELS faster and I think it is in a drag.....rode my trx with a raptor this weekend and it wasnt even fair for him.......

MX#9
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Are you basing a buy decision from the outcome of this thread? If so, you are being foolish. Believe me,I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. None of the bikes you mention will make you a better rider without a bunch of practice.

JKWGA400EX
03-03-2005, 05:57 PM
MX#9,piont taken dont worry about hurting my feelings(u didnt u were far from it).antway im not really basing it on a buy dicission but i plan to get a atv soon.im looking for something mostly for trail riding thst can atleast pull 70mph.the only thing id use it for is riding trails along blacktops and grassy fields.the only thing i would like to put on it would be different tires,full pipe,grips,maybe nerfs,k&n fiter with outerwear,different jets,and maybe some other things but no major motor work.im 5'5ish 13 years old and if ure worrying about me handling it no problem i have experience.any feedback would be cool and apprieciated.

jared

4fiddyR
03-03-2005, 06:18 PM
IN stock form the trx is more rider friendly than the other bikes. You might want to drop a tooth on the front sproket for in the woods, but I feel in my opinion it is the better stock for stock trail machine. It does have faults, some traill riders might not like the kickstart.
Just my opinion, and I had a Raptor, it felt tipsy and unpredictable in the air. The YFZ suspension is stiff, but the harder you ride it the smoother it feels. The YFZ also has a hard seat, 05's included. But those YFZ's pull hard! Just my opinion , and I'm not starting a flame war. All are good bikes, it just depends what you want and what your expectations are.

roughrider01
03-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
who cares, if you want to debate on whats faster, go to http://www.atvtime.com

those idiots will argue with you all day

i was gonna say the same thing but to go to www.atvconnection.com .. its the favorite subject there.

03-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by jeepeater347
It all comes down to rider between the TRX and YFZ. what he said;)

Punk'd
03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
I do admit it.. my 450r is fast:blah:

Raptorride
03-04-2005, 07:43 AM
My raptor is faster tahn most so we wont get into arguing. I have never heard of or had a problem with it beeing unpredictable in the air it flies pretty well. As for beeing tippy yes a lil body english of a wider axle cures it quite well. All those quads can hit 70 my buddies 400 did just at 70mph with me on it on blacktop.