PDA

View Full Version : Finally.....sending my motor out

JDiablo
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
well its part two for the rebuild,sending my motor to get a JE 10.8:1 416 piston,hotcam stage two,lighten flywheel,ported/polished head,sparks 8 plate clutch,hinson clutch basket magnum rev box,and some other lil odds and ends
I have some ?'s what carb to run? FCR 39 or 41 MM anyway want to share some crappy pix from a camera fone,lol

JDiablo
03-02-2005, 06:52 PM
boy without a motor it sure doesnt look like much of a quad :(

and also can the rubbermaid boxes hold the engine weight?i took off the sidecases and some other lil stuff to save weight,those are going out to get PC'd but anyway,are they strong enough to say hold 90+ pds?

NacsMXer
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Yes, the Rubbermaid boxes work very well. My motor made it to GT Thunder and back without a scratch. I went to Walmart and picked out one that would be big enough, it was a dark blue rectangular bin so look for that one. Just make sure to pack the motor in securely with generous layers of bubble wrap, newspaper, and whatever else you can find to protect it. Before you send it, drill a bunch of holes around the perimeter of the lid and Zip tie it shut to prevent any accidents by UPS. It's a whole lot easier and lighter than building a wooden crate for it. ;)
Oh, and about the FCR, I run a 39 on my 452 and it still rips. The FCR 41 is an updated version I believe, but either carb should work well with your setup. Perhaps cals400ex would be able to answer this question more thoroughly.
-Chris

JDiablo
03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
ok thanks bro,imma tell my mom to go run to walmart tomorrow and go pick me up one

EPDP99
03-02-2005, 08:27 PM
sounds like a pretty good setup to run a 39mm on. im running a 41 on my 465.

TheFontMaster
03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Yea my motor was shipped in a rubermaid container too. Heres an idea the guy I bought my motor from came up with for shipping padding. Dollar store pillows.

WKY400EX
03-03-2005, 12:33 AM
When you ship, make sure the Rubbermaid lid is secured very well with zip ties. As everyone said, use foam, packing peanuts, newspaper, cheap pillows, or anything else that will keep the engine from moving around inside the container. You may even want to put a piece of plywood on the bottom, under the motor to protect it.

Also, make sure ALL fluids are drained from the motor! UPS told me that if any fluids leak out of the container during shipment, they will not ship it any further. Someone will have to pick it up from that location, which could be halfway across the US.:eek2: