PDA

View Full Version : suspension setup for the R

robman
03-02-2005, 02:17 PM
whats the best setup for the rear without lifting the air box .The front without long travel (it messes with my stoppies):D .Best carb and pipe too.

beak7707
03-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I am very happy with my GT thunder rear setup. It cost $250 for the new link and the revalve of the stock shock. I am also running elka tripple rates up front with the GT rear. All Seems to be working very well for me and much cheaper than most other setups. As for pipe and carb, I think the stock carb is fine. It ust depends on what type of riding you are looking to do.

robman
03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
mostly mx riding and i like tree shooting once and a while.

400exBro
03-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Elka for sure... I have the elka rear linkage and shock with the elka lt set up for the front... we will see how it rides when it is all together soon!!!!

you will have to check it out at Gopher dunes some time...
you racing this year??

robman
03-02-2005, 03:19 PM
I just got rear ended on thursday,the guys van is totalled and the frame on my truck is bent.Ive got whiplash and walk around like a hunchback,the plus is a big payday commin and my physiotheropist is a babe.I'm racing even if I hafto wear one of those stupid neck guards.

400exBro
03-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by robman
I just got rear ended on thursday,the guys van is totalled and the frame on my truck is bent.Ive got whiplash and walk around like a hunchback,the plus is a big payday commin and my physiotheropist is a babe.I'm racing even if I hafto wear one of those stupid neck guards.

ouch that sucks!!!!
so i will see you at the pratice day at gohper in April, unless this damn snow doesn't melt soon!!!!

when did you get a 450r? last i remembered you had a 400ex...

03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by robman
whats the best setup for the rear without lifting the air box .The front without long travel (it messes with my stoppies):D .Best carb and pipe too.

use a elka shock and a herrmann or elka linkage and use elkas up front also, the best carb is the FCR 41mm MX with a boysen quickshot and the best pipe id have to go with the HMF or the Sparks big core

robman
03-04-2005, 10:47 AM
what about a +1" swingarm,is it really necessary?The houser is selling for a good price.

exrider44
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
gt thunder is a huge improvment over stock for the rear I think for $250 bucks you cant beat it.

ajr400ex
03-04-2005, 06:45 PM
+1 1/4 swingarm, GTT link and rebuild. Elka fronts with GTT valving & springs. Nice improvement over stock. The link and rebuild works very well.