PDA

View Full Version : St joes state park in Missouri

MSL
03-02-2005, 11:05 AM
I used to ride at St joes state park (some people call it Flat River) all the time. But it seemed like more and more people were getting seriously hurt each time I was there then my friend was drag racing and a woman come out of nowhere and ran right in front of him on a Griz and he hit her WOT in 5th broadsided and he flew over the handle bars and landed about what seemed to be 50 feet away from his quad and it broke his back in 4 places and now he is disabled. He can still walk but he can no longer work at his job because of the heavy lifting that the job requires and cant stand for long period of time. My question to people that might know is, Have they changed the rules out there in the past year? is it still open for riding? How much does it cost to ride there now?

Masher13
03-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. I wrecked WOT in 5th last July in the flats. Hit a washout. I went 60 ft, the Predator went 120 ft end over end. I am counting my blessing, didn't get hurt to bad.

As far as I know, there are no rules that have changed. Flag, helmet, no alchy. I can't remember the price. I'll ask a buddy Friday who went not long ago.

They need a designated drag area that's marked off so people know not to drive thru it. People drag everywhere. Then they turn right in front of you assuming quads can brake on a dime. Other than that, I absolutely love that place! Mud, trails, drags, rock climbs, it has it all.

Jwarren879
03-02-2005, 03:05 PM
About 5 or 6 years ago I was there with my younger brother and cousin, all three of us on 80's. My cousin hit a rock 6th pinned and flew about 50', landing face down in one of the huge puddles of standing water, off to the right side of the entrance. Luckily my dad was there to pick him up before anything happened and he only ended up with a concussion. I've seen some pretty bad wrecks out there and a lot of close calls. They really do need to setup an area for drag racing tho, it would really cut down on the amount of accidents. Last August was the last time I was there and it cost $3 per quad/bike, and you're required to wear a helmet and have a flag on your atv. Beyond that, I'm not sure what other rules they strictly impose.

Carl Nevins
03-02-2005, 04:06 PM
i have ridden there for twenty years or more it was at one time a great place to ride until you have these "kids" that want to drag race back and forth out in front by the parking lot and in the back now. i have watched two people die there from head on accidents because of these drag racers. I'm not saying that it was his fault and i'm sorry he was hurt but she had every right to ride where she was. i think you need to go to the sand drag strip down the road if all you want to do is run back and forth in a straight line. JMO

MSL
03-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Carl yes she has every right to be there and she has every right to be on the highway as well but you dont just pull out in traffic without looking to see if someone is comming do you? alot of people ride with thier head up their *****es and dont look where they are going they just make an quick turn left or right or come out of trails flying with no regaurd to other riders that may be comming in that direction and those head on crashes are not from drag racing they are from flying around blind areas. So i guess with your way of thinking if you want to ride fast you need to go to a track and ride

represent618
03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
$3.00 TO RIDE ALL DAY. HELMET, FLAG ON ATV`S/TRUCKS.

USE YOU HEAD. LOOK AROUND YOU ALL THE TIME.

THERE IS ONE SPOT WHERE DRAG RACING IS GOING ON ALL DAY, STAY OUT OF THERE, IT IS ON THE NORTH END.

NO BEER, BUMMER.

LOOK AROUND BEFORE YOU CHARGE OUT LIKE AN IDIOT, I TAKES TWO POEPLE BEFORE SOMEONE GETS RUN-OVER, PAY ATTENTION.

I LIKE TO GO THERE BUT I ONLY REALLY RIDE THE WOODS, THE FLAT CHAT-SAND IS BORING.

GOOD LUCK.