PDA

View Full Version : Clutch engages very hard! help!

mdl76
03-02-2005, 10:47 AM
hi all.
I seached all over this forum and could find a issue like mine. so ill fire it off here. I just bought a trx250r (used of course). The guy said he rebuilt the clutch. When i pull in the lever, the clutch will disengage. but when i let out on it, the clutch just grabs. there is no clutch slippage like there is supposed to be when you let out on the clutch lever. another issue i had with this clutch, when i drianed all the oil out of it(let it drian over night) then refilled it, the clutch would not disengage at all. I had to lift the back tires up off the gound and shift into 5th gear and work the clutch. finally it worked loose. but if it sits a while, the clutch will not disengage without going through the above proccess. Im using 20w-50 synthetic oil in the trans. im wondering if this guy did not put the thing back together right? also where can i get the 89 update? thanks all....

duke416ex
03-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Try a lighter oil, also after making sure all the external adjustments are good, you might have to go inside and make sure he did put the baskets and bolts back in right. Some clutches will engage harder than others, but it should be doing better than that no matter the brand.

F-16Guy
03-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Sounds like the guy F'd something up. I would take the cover off, pull the clutch apart, and make sure it's together right. Also, make sure the basket isn't notched. Someone on here may have a parts breakdown if you don't, or you may just want to pick up a Climer manual. I've run MANY different weights in my CR250, and I've never had that kind of problem. You'd have to run Molasses. :D

mdl76
03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I just removed the oil fill plug and it gave me a good veiw of the clutch fingers.... very badly grooved... i think i found my problem... any basket for sale anyone ;-)

duke416ex
03-09-2005, 09:05 AM
check ebay, almost always some there