PDA

View Full Version : Needle?

TrxTex
03-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Would someone explain to me the benefit of having an aftermarket needle vs the stock needle...

dunebuggie66
03-02-2005, 08:15 AM
as far as i know there is not much benefit. the aftermarket needles have a different taper to them and would let in a little more fuel depending on where the clip is.

iceracer65
03-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
as far as i know there is not much benefit. the aftermarket needles have a different taper to them and would let in a little more fuel depending on where the clip is.

fine tuning the needle i VERY important to get the ultimate performance.

i was talking to the guys at rossier, they used one piece of the hrc kit at a time and did dyno runs through out the whole test.

they found the needle was second greatest gain only following the cam.:eek2: (hrc needle strongly recommended for any high performance application)

each different needle has unique curves and steps allowing fine tuning of the entire throttle range. kinda like remapping fuel injection.

dont over look the needle...there is plenty of power to be had:devil:

TrxTex
03-02-2005, 03:12 PM
I havent been able to find any needles by themselves. Any ideas where I can find one not in a kit.

holeshot19
03-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by TrxTex
I havent been able to find any needles by themselves. Any ideas where I can find one not in a kit. they have them and will sell them seperate they are a hrc copy and honda sells hrc needles but last time i checked they were on back order

White7
03-02-2005, 05:47 PM
www.WppRacing.com