PDA

View Full Version : electric

rossano
05-06-2002, 07:50 AM
the ignition seems dead and nothing comes on when the key is turned to "on" (no neutral light, no headlight, no starter cranking)

the battery is fully charged,
and the fuse is good,
and the bike can be jump started with no problem

what do you think? stator? all connections around the battery area seem ok. they got wet from riding through woods, but aren't the connections designed to get soaked?

05-06-2002, 08:14 AM
If you can jump start it, does the neutral light come on when you hook up the jumper cables? Really, it has to be the battery or the connections to the battery if jump starting it works.

harebounder
05-06-2002, 08:17 AM
Is it making a clicking noise when you hit the start button. If so your seleniod is bad happened to mine but, I had lights and all that stuff check all your connections then start running around putting the test light on your connections start at your battery work your way around the bike.

rossano
05-06-2002, 08:17 AM
the jump start i meant was by pushing it and dumping the clutch ("bump start"?). once started, the neutral light comes on fine. if you turn the bike off with the key, then turn it right back on...nothing. all dead

i'll screw around with the testing equipment and see what i get. thanx for input fellas

05-06-2002, 10:05 AM
Sometimes a fuse can look good and still be bad, try a new one just to eliminate the fuse potential.

Texan32
05-06-2002, 10:17 AM
what makes you say the battery is full charged? Did you just put the charger on it overnight? Have you actually put a load tester on it? Or even simple checking it with a volt meter. If its got a dead cell, then NOTHING will work.

Just an idea

rossano
05-06-2002, 10:32 AM
the battery is always on the battery tender. all winter and any time i'm not using the bike. status is green, never red. that means full charge, no?

Texan32
05-06-2002, 10:42 AM
no real experience with a tender. its just a thought. i would take it off and run it to the auto store and have them check it just to be sure.