PDA

View Full Version : 416 cost?

rhino99
09-09-2001, 11:23 AM
What would it cost to setup a 400 with a full on race 416? I am talkin piston, cam, rocker arms, valve and head job, race pipe and whatever else I need?

Also, do all the nationals run a "stock" class? If so, what all can you change and cant you change to run that class? I was told you cant change rear shock, or engine displacement or cam or pipe, but other than that you can change? Is that true? If so, and they ran a stock class at all of the nats I may just think about getting one and keeping it pretty well stock, just change tires and bars and little stuff like that. However, I was told there is a lot of cheating in the stock class engine wise.

nakomis0
09-09-2001, 11:24 AM
under 1300$ w/ porting

trx400ex
09-09-2001, 12:55 PM
that is gncc where you cant change your rear shock, but that is cross country,,,,r u talkin xc or mx?

rhino99
09-09-2001, 05:39 PM
I am talkin MX. I am not sure if the nationals run teh stock class anymore, I know its not a national class for sure, but either last year or the year before I know they ran a stock class at London and Loretta's, but not sure if they still do.

09-09-2001, 06:39 PM
welp mine is in the shop now getting done..i already have a wb track cam and the pipe and my head is ported but i'll be able to tell you what everything else costs

ccole400EX
09-10-2001, 12:33 PM
I just did the 416 kit here is what it cost me JE piston $120 from Marcums, HRC cam $277 from service Honda. With this cam you can use it with your stcok rockers. XR's only has a copy of this cam for $179 and i got the GT thunder play porting $ 50. I also already had the K&N power up kit with a WB slip on. I am running the stock carb right now and it runs great. I think if i had to do it again i would just go with a high commpesion piston on the stock bore with the cam and other stuff save $45 for boring and it seems the 416 gets hotter.

09-12-2001, 10:28 AM
There isn't a stock class in MX national racing. You can run a 416 in any class you wish too, with anytype of setup. I really want to get the 416 but will it make that much of a difference over a stock bore with higher comp piston. I'm still not sure what I want to do,,,,,damn these decisions are killing me.

Oh and the cost of my buddies complete full blown 416 race bike was around 1,400 bucks...and that was everything needed from top ta bottom..