PDA

View Full Version : flippin rims

Leschj03
03-01-2005, 08:08 PM
I was just messin around with my 450r and flipped the front rims so that offset is backwards. The front end is wider now and i was jsut wondering if this is ok or not. will it hurt anything??

bobbo97f150
03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
It puts a lot more load on your bearings and spindle. Your valve stem should be hitting the brake caliper too if you're using stock wheels.

DirtDevilBT
03-02-2005, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't do it, may be wider but will ride like crap.

Hammer trx450r
03-02-2005, 04:19 AM
Try it and tell us, but you'll have to move your valve stems to the other side of the rim. You could always put them back if u dont like

GEARSMOKER
03-02-2005, 05:23 AM
all my buddies have been doing that for years. they've never had any problems with it other than flipping the valve stems around. its one of those white trash ways of doing something, but whatever works right?

Smoker
03-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Bumpsteer :p

hondaryder42
03-02-2005, 11:28 AM
i used to do it all the time. some drawbacks. exposed caliper for trail riding. if using stock rims you HAVE to remove and reinstall your washers from the other side for the lug nuts to work proper. valve stem needs redrilling. more stress on tie rods and steering stopper. works 100 % for certain riding. flat track , ice , sand , side hilling, but would not mx or xc with it. 2+3 offsets are cheap and work better all around

just my 2 pennies:ermm:

DirtDevilBT
03-03-2005, 12:23 AM
I have heard of people using flush mount valve stems. In other words-- the stem is inside and the nozel is flush with the rim. That way you don't have to drill more holes, plug the old ones, or anything like that.

4fiddyR
03-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Flush mount stems?:huh Never heard of such a thing. You got any pics? That would look streamline.

03-03-2005, 08:19 PM
lokks:confused: it's gona be on the inside ;)

DirtDevilBT
03-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by 4fiddyR
Flush mount stems?:huh Never heard of such a thing. You got any pics? That would look streamline.

Well, I have not seen them myself but I guess a lot of others have. Then again, a lot of others have them and use them when flipping rims. You can use the flush mount one on the inside to plug the hole and a regular one on the outside. Either way there are WAY to many people I have talked to for these things not to be real.

no I have not seen any:rolleyes: :D

:ermm:

Hammer trx450r
03-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
Well, I have not seen them myself but I guess a lot of others have. Then again, a lot of others have them and use them when flipping rims. You can use the flush mount one on the inside to plug the hole and a regular one on the outside. Either way there are WAY to many people I have talked to for these things not to be real.

no I have not seen any:rolleyes: :D

:ermm:

They are real but they are just plugs, not for use to fill a tire

hondaryder42
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
they are made by american racing the mag wheel company and yes they can be used to fill the tire. you need to order the fill valve separatly and it threads in and out when you need it. works ok till you lose the fill valve tool