PDA

View Full Version : 250ex bore ot not to bore

redexrider4290
03-01-2005, 05:45 PM
i was wandering how much gains would i get if i bored out my 250ex and is it worth it for 300 dollas will my top speed go up any
wat is better to do bore it out or get a new pipe ,(megamax or hmf if can qiuet), k&n ait filter and jet kits i fiqure both will give me gains but wich will give me more and will either give me more top speed and if i put a pipe on with the bore kit how much power will it give me wil lthat give me any more speed

If i put 23inch rear tires on with one of the choices above will my top speed go up and by how much
any info would be apreiciated

stonerider250x
03-01-2005, 05:56 PM
best way to make a 250ex faster is get different quad

i wouldnt bore a 250ex ...prolly wont improve much if ur just borin the stock cylynder.

a pipe filter and gettin the carb jetted right is prolly ur best choice. it will give u power gains throuout but still wont be real fast.

i would put 23 inch tirs on it cuz it would look goofy, u would lose alot of low end, and it may posibllie bog the motor down win u try to accelerate qquick

redexrider4290
03-01-2005, 06:29 PM
i dont see how 23 inch tires could bog my motor down any if i have 22's on it now and it powers them fine and if i put the pipe filter and jet kits on wont that give me a good bit more power

stonerider250x
03-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by redexrider4290
i dont see how 23 inch tires could bog my motor down any if i have 22's on it now and it powers them fine and if i put the pipe filter and jet kits on wont that give me a good bit more power

what do u do with ur quad anyway that u want such big tires? i didnt really mena it would make u bog out they will just make u lose low end power and u will accelerate slower. i have felt the differencs i had 21 inch mudsharks before i raced then went to 18 inch klaws i can tell a big difference as far as power distribution.

redexrider4290
03-01-2005, 07:18 PM
i do mostly trail riding and a good bit of track and hill climbs i just thought that 23 inch tires would give me a little more top speed without taking away any power in the low to mid

YFZ450Ridr
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
when you put taller tires on a 250ex, it is gearing it up. when you gear a quad up, it will have a slightly higher top speed, but you will loose bottom end power. i would stick with 22s, it came with the quad and probablly works best for trails.

as far as the power, i think if you bored it over a little it would gain more power. a pipe and filter will gain power but if you make the engine bigger, it will have more balls and more power. a company called powroll makes a 250cc bore kit for it i think(stock is 229cc?) www.powroll.com if you want to check it out. if you decide to go the other way, and get a pipe and filter, i would get a HMF full exhaust system with a K&N air filter, then rejet.

my .02

redexrider4290
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
i decided against boreing it out its a new motor and i dont think i want to go that far with it yet maybe in a little while i was looking at the hmf pipes but i cant get a pipe that is real loud because i dont keep my quad at my own house and dont ride on my own propety is the hmf real loud i rode a lil while with the spark arester out of my exhaust and that wasn't real bad since my freind i ride with (keep it at his house )took everything out of his exhaust and put a big hole in his muffler (he didnt care about the exhast he just wanted it loud) well if you eva heard a 250 with the spark arestor out how much louder than that is the hmf and should i buy a hole jet kit or just buy the indivdule jets i heard the juet kits are supose to add power but will the individules add power to

YFZ450Ridr
03-02-2005, 02:11 PM
i think when you buy an hmf pipe it comes with a quiet core insert or something and a jet kit. any aftermarket exhaust is going to be louder because it is not restricting as much air. and yes you want to rejet if you buy a filter and/or pipe because you have to balance the air and fuel mixture. when you buy a pipe you are letting more air in and you have to rejet the carb for it.

redexrider4290
03-02-2005, 02:55 PM
does the qiute core insert make it qiuter thatn stock because i dont want it that qiute

YFZ450Ridr
03-02-2005, 02:58 PM
no it shouldnt be quieter than stock, but it will tone it down a little. im guessing just a little bit louder than stock with the quiet core but you would have ask an hmf owner.

redexrider4290
03-02-2005, 03:05 PM
has anyone heard a hmf pipe w/ the qiute core insert? is it loud or qiute or wat -wat does it sound llike compared to stock