PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake

tonnerre
03-01-2005, 02:32 PM
How to put an hydro rear brake on a Predator 90 ?

atallblonde724
03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
I have no idea but is this a disc brake? If so where did you get it. I have been looking for a rear brake for my 90...

Thanks

Spike99
03-07-2005, 02:03 PM

During 2004, I designed a foot brake for the factory cable / drum rear brake on our '03 Pred-90. Yesterday, we took our little Pred-90 out for a spin in our back yard. All I can say is WOW!!!! The custom foot brake (even cable / drum based) is a huge improvement from the hand lever system our '03 Pred-90 used to have. We can lock the back tires without even trying. After 20 minutes of driving our Pred-90, I'm now a "huge believer in foot brake control". If possible, we'd never go back to rear brake hand controls for trail riding.

To me, all minis MUST have a foot brake system. Better yet, foot brake that is hydro DISC based. For pictures of our customized foot brake, surf:

http://community.webshots.com/album/242848150eXxxII/0

http://community.webshots.com/album/242848150eXxxII/1

Happy surfing and cloning for your specific brand of mini.

Hope this helps.

tonnerre
03-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Yes , it is a disc brake
No, I haven't it yet. I would to put one but I don't know which one and how I could put it .
Thanks for your answer

markvette
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
i converted our 99 eton 90 to a rear hydro disc brake. in 99 the etons had rear drums. i used the disc and bearing carrier off a dinli helix. i have not done a predator yet but it could be dome. the parts to do new are pretty expensive. we are doing a polaris scrambler 50 right now and are useing the whole setup off a new eton . might want to check an atv salvage yard and see if you can get all the parts off a junker. another guy i know just put the dinli setup on his 2003 xtreme 90. like spike i am now working on a foot pedal for the rear brake, i am using a master cylinder setup off a yamaha warrior. i have already fabbed and welded the mount on for the master cylinder. just have to have a custom pedal made now,

Mark