PDA

View Full Version : Need A Quad Under $6000....what Do You Think?

ToMsTeR
02-28-2005, 10:16 PM
NEED SOME ADVICE FOR GETTING A QUAD UNDER THE PRICE OF $6000 DOLLARS

jcsact
03-01-2005, 02:33 PM
I bought my Prairie for around $6200 out the door. Depends on what you want. I think the Brute Force 650 might be a cheaper list then the Prairies are and they are the same thing just different plastic and 50cc less. Also keep an eye in your local paper there are a lot of good used machines usually on the market.

HondaForemanNo1
03-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Need more information. :)

What are you going to be using it for? Mud? Trails? Work? Water?

LoneToySoldier
11-20-2005, 03:38 AM
I have an 05 Rancher S 4x4 350. It has its great points (Always starts, quality, barely more maintenance required than a stepladder) and it has its bad points (GROUND CLEARANCE, little suspension travel, decent power but nothing amazing stock). I put a Perfex kit on it and it really made a big difference in the ride and capabilities; especially riding 2 up *I know, have heard it before, don't care*. Really is one of the best mods I have bought and would definitely do again *Although I don't care for the way the rear bolts together* My dad just bought a Bombardier 400 and it seems like a nice machine. Same price - a huge difference in ground clearance, ride, and power. I've rode Honda my whole life (Still own a trail 80, remember those?) and am considering the switch. I don't think anybody makes a bad atv, it's more in the seating position and options you want. Ride every atv you can, and get a feel for what you want. Even the expensive ones. You may find a cheap one doesn't meet your needs and the extra $500 was worth it 2 years later when you don't like it anymore.