PDA

View Full Version : sand drags... need more speed

LilGuyOn400ex
05-05-2002, 09:40 PM
ok, for u guys on here that drag alot in 100 yard distances, what can i do to get a faster time, do i need to go in the motor and put in a 416 or 440 kit or is there something else i can do. i was wondering what if i put on a 14 tooth sprocket if it would help me since im only going 100 yards and not even getting close to top speedcuz im in sand even though i have paddles. i need to be able to get off the line better and i think a 14 tooth spocket would do it. if u guys have any advice please tell me cuz i have another race in 2 weeks in bonne terre missouri.

ok now for what went down this weekend at big river... i was pulling in 6.4's and 6.3's with my mods in my sig and 8 paddle haulers. we were racing douvble elimination and everything was set up on your dial in time. well on the first race i decided that i would put in a 6.3 as my dial in time becuz thats the best i could do in practice. so my first race was with a fully modded banshee, and i meen nothing on this thing was stock and it was runnin like 5.4s and stuff and since i had a slower dial in time i got to take off first then he would take off after me since his time is faster then mine and the good news is i beat him... the bad news is i red lighted:mad: i was so mad... i had to wait till next round to race and then i had to race a fully modded sport 400 that could do like 5.6 well the story for this race was the track was gettin cold so the sand was sticky and u could hook up alot better then u could be4 when i raced last time so i was revvin and the green light goes and i floored it and it spun a little then bogged cuz it couldnt spin the paddles in second cuz i didnt rev enough so that totally messed up my hole race i ended up losing cuz i got a 6.7 and if i would of got my usual 6.3 i would have beat him... it was really alot of fun till i lost to a polaris :(

nakomis0
05-05-2002, 10:08 PM
What do you do rev and drop the clutch? Have a wheelie bar?
I ussually keep the front end down with the clutch.

When My bike was closer to stock, I had a 14 tooth, with a sweet holeshot.

bigger the bore the better for drags, a aftermarket cdi, might be something to consider. I drag alot too, but we don't have any bracket racing. good luck.

Oh ya a carb would probably be your best bang for your buck. I had my motor work without my carb, and I was racing a guy with a drop in cam exhaust, ect, and a Lectron carb and I would pull at the start by a quad lenght, but he would start to pull and many times pass at the end. That was proof for me I needed a carb. (we also where geared different, he had stock with larger tires, and I had 16/36 with smaller tires)