PDA

View Full Version : 4 Stroke Wars ??

R3Concepts
02-28-2005, 09:05 PM
This year at the 4 Stroke Wars there was a black 450R that ESR built..anyone happen to see what gearing he was running, I saw a pic of the rear sprocket and it was HUGE. I went to the dunes this weekend and tried a few different gearing combos. 14/36 and could pull the hill hard in second, bike was pulling hard but motor wasnt reving hard. Then went to a 13/38 and had to short shift to keep the bike off the rev limiter through the whoops and would start getting passed/pulled by the 2 strokers, granted they were ESR trx11 250rs but none the less I hate to loose. By the way im running 20.10.8 8 paddle haulers..any info on this would be great.

benwa450r
03-01-2005, 09:18 AM
R3Concepts426ex, I run 13/39 gearing in the sand. I know this doesn't sound right, but if you have the opportunity, try 6-paddle ultra-light haulers on your bike. I tried a set on 8 X 7 wide rims 6-paddle ultra-lights 22's and they worked excellent on top end. I could launch harder than my 8-paddle extremes because they spun more off the line but these things just ripped on top end. I was driving around people I was even with on top end with my 8's. More paddles help on launch, but less paddles help top end. I wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have tried it myself.:)